News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Just ask what their version of cupcakes are called.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Went to a big antique mall that opened up not too long ago for shits and giggles.

Scored a #13 Swingline stapler that has never been used, still in the box from the late 60s/early 70s, for my TPS cover sheets. 
Bought some pencil ephemera; box of Eberhard Faber #3 Mongols from the long-defunct Pennsylvania Central Railroad, and scored a pack of late '40s/'50s Coca-Cola pencils.  The lacquer is pristine on them.

Saw a Royal Model 10 that I may go back for, it's seriously undervalued;  it needs a good cleaning and adjustment, but it has the glass bezels.  Definitely going back for the Civil Defense helmet, on the off chance I ever get back into emergency management. TURN OUT THOSE LIGHTS

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2014, 10:04:36 PM
Went to a big antique mall that opened up not too long ago for shits and giggles.

Scored a #13 Swingline stapler that has never been used, still in the box from the late 60s/early 70s, for my TPS cover sheets. 
Bought some pencil ephemera; box of Eberhard Faber #3 Mongols from the long-defunct Pennsylvania Central Railroad, and scored a pack of late '40s/'50s Coca-Cola pencils.  The lacquer is pristine on them.

Saw a Royal Model 10 that I may go back for, it's seriously undervalued;  it needs a good cleaning and adjustment, but it has the glass bezels.  Definitely going back for the Civil Defense helmet, on the off chance I ever get back into emergency management. TURN OUT THOSE LIGHTS

:cool:

So aren't the silver ones with like side ribbing on them, you used to occasionally see in old films ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I love antique malls. I like to get old signs for my dad.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2014, 10:07:32 PM
:cool:

So aren't the silver ones with like side ribbing on them, you used to occasionally see in old films ?

Yeah, the silver helmets for air raid wardens predated the all-white helmets.  :D 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

It's hilarious to see all the tupperware and kitchen appliances, and get flashbacks to 1974.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2014, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

It's hilarious to see all the tupperware and kitchen appliances, and get flashbacks to 1974.

I had to explain what a Percolator was to my wife.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

She also didn't know what Jiffy Pop was when we started dating.

Young people.  :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

"But why would you shake the microwave?"

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

I didn't know what Jiffy Pop was until 30 seconds ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

garbon

I'd rather just pop seeds myself in a pan.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.