News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 07, 2014, 01:20:28 AM
Quick cat question: if a cat pisses directly on your floor and you catch it like as soon as it's happened, is there a special way to clean it?

If it's linoleum or vinyl, just wipe it up before it sets in.  Use warm water with a touch of dish soap or Mr. Clean/Pine Sol.

Why is he pissing on your floor?  What condition are the boxes in?  He's trying to communicate with you, why are you not listening?

Ideologue

Nevermind, pointless question, I have a product that's supposed to do it.  I doubt it, and we'll see.

Story is I'm taking care of a friend's cat, my oldest cat was being surprisingly good (afaik) given her track record, but decided to revert to type as a complete fucking terror and make some water less on my floor--that was incidental--than the pillow that had fallen on the floor.  So upshot is, my floor's fucked and my pillow is now garbage.  Also, if it weren't November, my oldest cat would be outside, because I've about had it with her.

And, yeah, Money, if you want her, I'll drive her ass up to B-more and you can have her.  I should've let Korea take her.  Bitch is a life-eating little monster.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

If you got a new cat in the house, that alone could be the trigger.

CountDeMoney

When you're taking care of a friend's cat, it's supposed to stay at said friend's house.  Jesus H. Kitty Litter Christ.

Ideologue

I'm taking care of friend's cat because friend has no house till 11/15.  Ugh.

The other two are fine, though.  It's the older one/the mom.  She's always been the worst by far, always will be.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

In my experience, female cats are often pissy (literally), and otherwise mostly crazy (we had one that would collect and pile up fallen leaves next to the door in autumn).

Male cats are usually lazy and chill (after being fixed, off course).

Brazen

Don't blame the cats for misbehaving in reaction to a human-inflicted trauma.

I've never had anything but chilled kitties, but friends swear by Feliway, a plug-in cat hormone diffuser that calms them down.

http://www.feliway.com/uk/

Josquius

Does anyone know; has the ice ever (common? Once in a millenium?) frozen enough that people could theoretically walk between Newfoundland and mainland Canada?
I know this happened a lot historically in the Baltic but I've not heard of it over there.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2014, 12:47:10 PM
Does anyone know; has the ice ever (common? Once in a millenium?) frozen enough that people could theoretically walk between Newfoundland and mainland Canada?
I know this happened a lot historically in the Baltic but I've not heard of it over there.

Well, you're certainly never going to have to worry about it ever again.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Well ever is a long time.  Given the fact we had a few ice ages, I'm sure it has at some point.

Doing some googling, I see that while the Strait of Belle Isle will regularly fill with pack ice in the winter, that's not the same as freezing solid.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 07, 2014, 12:59:59 PM
EnviroSeedy!!

I'd tell you to go suck a polar bear's dick, but they're all a bit busy right now with the whole drowning thing.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2014, 01:42:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 07, 2014, 12:59:59 PM
EnviroSeedy!!

I'd tell you to go suck a polar bear's dick, but they're all a bit busy right now with the whole drowning thing.

There's a bunch of ice around Antarctica, so you ought to be celebrating that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2014, 01:09:12 PM

Well ever is a long time.  Given the fact we had a few ice ages, I'm sure it has at some point.

Doing some googling, I see that while the Strait of Belle Isle will regularly fill with pack ice in the winter, that's not the same as freezing solid.
But you could probably walk across it. With some risk of course.

Admiral Yi

Obama has nominated Loretta Lynch to be the next AG.  Black lady, prosecutor from Queens.  Didn't catch at what level.