News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 03, 2014, 08:47:23 PM
Two people knocked on my door today. Each time it was a dude with a petition. The first one wanted to have all gun sales require background checks. The second wanted to legalize and tax marijuana. I signed neither.

:P
Wow.both sound like very obvious good ideas. Rare
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

What is like a broad average running cost of a car used for a (reasonable distance) commute, per month? I am totally in the dark for taxes and insurance and fuel prices and stuff.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on November 04, 2014, 11:44:56 AM
What is like a broad average running cost of a car used for a (reasonable distance) commute, per month? I am totally in the dark for taxes and insurance and fuel prices and stuff.

One million dollars.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2014, 11:46:02 AM

One million dollars.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Where ?

In the UK?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on November 04, 2014, 01:07:14 PM

Where ?

In the UK?
ASTRONOMICAL :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 04, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

Where ?

In the UK?

yes in the UK

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 04, 2014, 04:16:59 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 04, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

Where ?

In the UK?

yes in the UK

Fairly reliable cars can be had for around 1,000 quid.

Don't know your age, I'm assuming 30 or so, do you have any no claims bonus, depending on the car insurance might be in the 300-400 range???

'Road tax' is around 150 a year.

Petrol is what, a bit below 6 quid a gallon (UK) so at a typical 40 mpg(optimistic?) that's about 1500 quid for fuel if you're planning on doing 10,000* miles a year.

* iirc actual average uk mileage per person/car is something like 6,000 miles per year

Tamas

I hope insurance is annual :)

Thanks for the info :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 03, 2014, 08:50:25 PM
Well don't vote. You ain't in some asshole country that makes you vote.

Huh.  I almost didn't, then I realized I had to go out and pay my rent anyway, so I swung by the polling place.

In and out in four minutes. :yeah:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 04, 2014, 04:32:14 PM
I hope insurance is annual :)

Thanks for the info :)

Yes, but I'd take what I say with a pinch of salt, insurance premiums can vary wildly.

Brazen would be your go to person for up to date info, as I think myself, Tricky, Shelf and Warspite all no longer drive.

Josquius

Annual is cheapest though there is monthly too.

Back when I had a car it cost me only £200 or so for the car....and £2000 or so for the insurance :cry:
██████
██████
██████

The Larch