News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Savonarola

I found a public access station with a Jamaican preacher tonight:

And some people, them don't go to college, I know you say, this is America, this is the land of opportunity, everyone should go to college, but some don't do well in high school, and don't graduate, and instead of wise, them are foolish, but them can be taught, them can be trained, all them need is a hand up, do you understand me?  If you're in a position to give them a job, or give them training, then you need to do that, we need to come together as a people as a community, because the government can't do it all, you thing the president going to go to the liquor street, or the alley or what we call in Jamaica, "The garrisons," do you understand me?  The president can't go down a narrow road, only with the police and even them won't go down the narrow road, people be wise, don't be foolish, when you kill one then the police come looking for you, them don't look for the leader of the gang, them had you pull the trigger, so now the police are after you, do you understand me?  And you say you're doing this to give a better life for your children, how can your children be living a better life if you're not living one yourself?

:smoke:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Two people knocked on my door today. Each time it was a dude with a petition. The first one wanted to have all gun sales require background checks. The second wanted to legalize and tax marijuana. I signed neither.

:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

I don't feel like voting.  SC elections are such a crock of shit.  Can't we just have a one-party airpower-based dictatorship I asked for in the first place, so I don't need to do this every two years anymore?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Well don't vote. You ain't in some asshole country that makes you vote.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 03, 2014, 08:50:25 PM

Like Australia?

derspiess

Wife has her shoes picked out :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Yeah, and we're not in a country that can liquidate enemy classes, but that doesn't make it right.  I'm gonna go do my stupid duty.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

Yeah, and we're not in a country that can liquidate enemy classes, but that doesn't make it right.  I'm gonna go do my stupid duty.

Unfortunately, law enforcement takes a dim view on the only other viable alternative for change, which is the widespread use of high yield explosives.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 08:51:12 PM

Like Australia?

They are assholes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 08:56:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

Unfortunately, law enforcement takes a dim view on the only other viable alternative for change, which is the widespread use of high yield explosives.

It's like all the cons of totalitarianism with none of the pros. :(
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney