News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Never had a hottie like that one as co-worker. As it turns out, few chicks dig robots.   :(

There are quite a few attractive women at assembly lines though - especially in the factory I'm working on now in Poland. Then again, half the girls in that country are absurdly hot.

Josquius

In my tech job are loads of indians but next to no east asians
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Iormlund on November 03, 2014, 09:50:48 AM
Never had a hottie like that one as co-worker. As it turns out, few chicks dig robots.   :(

There are quite a few attractive women at assembly lines though - especially in the factory I'm working on now in Poland. Then again, half the girls in that country are absurdly hot.

Have you taken on shots on goal?  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2014, 09:55:58 AM
In my tech job are loads of indians but next to no east asians

That's because you are over there, and they are all over here.

Iormlund

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2014, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on November 03, 2014, 09:50:48 AM

Have you taken on shots on goal?  :)

No.  :cry:

We're working 90+ hours a week while over there (going back Wednesday for my second stint).

Basically no time at all to socialize. The only two lucky guys so far were approached by the girls. One of the gals is the cook of the place we eat at every day and the other a security guard at the factory (whom we know as tomb Raider).

Malthus

Scientists delved too greedily and too deep:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/prehistoric-crocodile-anthracosuchus-balrogus_n_5449674.html

QuoteIt was 16 feet (4.8 meters) long and tipped the scales at 900 lbs. (408 kilograms). With a blunt snout and powerful bite, it ate turtles and battled monster snakes. Now this extinct dyrosaur, a type of crocodilian, which roamed an ancient rainforest a few million years after the dinosaurs died, has a scientific name.

It's called Anthracosuchus balrogus after the fiery Balrog that lurked deep in the Middle-Earth mines of Moria in J.R.R. Tolkien's novel "The Lord of the Rings."

"Much like that giant beast, Anthracosuchus balrogus was [awakened] from deep within a mine after 60 million years trapped within the rocks of tropical South America," study researcher Jonathan Bloch, associate curator of vertebrate paleontology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, told Live Science in an email.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

garbon

My even at the express place, individuals who work at DMVs are soulless wrecks of people. There appears to be one woman whose sole job is to push buttons on a self-serve machine. I got smacked back when I tried to do it myself...-_-

Also, I really thought they did a good job checking my vision (the sole reason I went in), I had to read one line of letters on a chart that was maybe 3 feet back from the counter. Of course, they did make me step back from the counter to perform the task. :D

Good news is that it was fast. Less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Under 10 minutes from DMV entrance to exit by civil servant?

garbon

I did say it was an express place - it truly was. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi