The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on October 15, 2014, 09:32:19 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2014, 06:56:08 AM
I was thinking Pittsburgh, actually.

Actually, yes. How come are you familiar with Pittsburgh's layout?  :huh:

So - the notion is that, had taxpayer's money not been wasted in a bank crash, it could have been used to re-create ... Pittsburg?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79dJgMBFh4

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-might-be-one-of-the-most-cringeworthy-family-feud-momen

QuoteOn Monday night's episode of Family Feud, host Steve Harvey asked contestants, "If you could change one part of your husband's body, what would it be?"

And that's when a woman named Joyce hit the buzzer and said "his penis."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Meh, not that big of a deal.  In that game you're trying to guess the top survey answers, not necessarily answer based upon your own life.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2014, 06:56:08 AM
I was thinking Pittsburgh, actually.

Way too level for Pburgh.  The rivers look about right, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 01:21:21 PM
Meh, not that big of a deal.  In that game you're trying to guess the top survey answers, not necessarily answer based upon your own life.
Sounds like one of those questions meant to elicit exactly such a response.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

What was funny was the clip and how awkward her husband looked and how she kept sort of apologizing.  I agree the text itself is just meh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2014, 11:48:17 PM
Here you go, Ed.  For next Father's Day.

:lol:

Would be a change from the usual ties and shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It even has a snooze button, so she can start dancing again in 9 minutes.

Ed Anger

That is all she needs to snort the coke to keep her going.

CountDeMoney

http://youtu.be/azcA_qrA6vg

This scene resonates so well with reality.  Especially the pole dancer with the cast on her leg.

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Just got back from lunch with the nephew.  Partner is a very nice young man.

I was dreading that it might be a sugar daddy/boy toy thing.  Very glad it's not.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 15, 2014, 02:53:24 PM
Just got back from lunch with the nephew.  Partner is a very nice young man.

I was dreading that it might be a sugar daddy/boy toy thing.  Very glad it's not.

:cheers:

mongers

I guy I have some professional dealings with, works for this really shitty company, and I mean shitty. Saw him today, specifically to congratulate him on getting a new job with a worthwhile institution; really decent, help guy and he got what he deserved, really pleased for him.

Now all I have to decide is how I go about going to war with this shitty company.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

What are said company's transgressions?