News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Are those the sisters that fucked Nazis?

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 24, 2014, 01:21:59 PM
Are those the sisters that fucked Nazis?

Dianne was married to Oswald Mosley and there was another one who was friends with Hitler.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Bitch got balls. I wouldn't dare friendzone Hitler.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Has anyone ever had their doctor be ready to see you on the scheduled time? I'm now 14 minutes late and counting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2014, 06:50:44 AM
Has anyone ever had their doctor be ready to see you on the scheduled time? I'm now 14 minutes late and counting.

Uh--no.

Normally you wait abhout half an hour...then you get sent to a room where you wait for another half hour.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Yeah, they seem to usually be aiming for the 30 minutes mark.

Edit: 26 minutes and I got to go to the other room!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Not enough doctors in the world. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maladict

Try coming in 5 minutes late. Then he was ready for you right on time, but of course he's a busy man and can't be expected to wait.
Make a new appointment please. Oh, and here's the bill.

derspiess

I went to see my GI doctor and only had to wait 5 minutes.  Actually it was his PA (I just needed new prescriptions plus blood work), and she's always prompt.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

My doctor is usually a 5 min wait at most. Of course, the earlier in the day the less likely you have to wait long.

It's the other patients going over their allotted time that makes for the wait. Which is why they smack you down for being late, as that tends to make all the later appointments late as well.

jimmy olsen

Yes, Korea is awesome like that. Often you just show up without an appointment and wait ten minutes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/dear-mona-how-often-do-people-arrive-late-to-appointments/

QuoteAnother paper published in The American Journal of Managed Care in May (authored by some very masochistic doctors) used survey data from 9,945 patients in 44 outpatient clinics to study wait times. On average, patients said they spent a total of 38 minutes waiting — 23 of them in the aptly titled waiting room and another 15 minutes in the exam room.

Yeah, I always have to wait; the reason is mostly that the Spanish Health Service imposes a maximum visit length in order to cram more visits per day, and doctors naturally spend more time with their patients if necessary; result is long waiting times.

katmai

Welp first day off and trying to sleep in and get a 6.1 earthquake as an alarm clock.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on September 25, 2014, 01:32:22 PM
Welp first day off and trying to sleep in and get a 6.1 earthquake as an alarm clock.

Pffft, real men don't wake for anything less than an 8.

Admiral Yi

Brain fat joke in 30, 29, 28, 27....