And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2014, 09:14:05 PM
I don't get it.

That's because you don't have children.  Some kids get difficult when it comes to meals.

Barrister

I don't get it.

You clearly don't have kids.

Go the F**K to Sleep was hilarious.  I might have to check this one out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 09:25:15 PM
I don't get it.

That's because you don't have children.  Some kids get difficult when it comes to meals.

Sounds like a tract of fattist propaganda.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2014, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 06:51:43 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-uber-driver-grabs-female-passenger-breast-cops-article-1.1953167

QuoteFlorida Uber driver says he grabbed customer's breast because she wasn't wearing a bra: cops

A 28-year-old Egyptian immigrant working as an Uber driver was arrested after he touched a female passenger's breasts "in an aggressive manner," and blamed his behavior on the way she was dressed, according to police.

Ramy Botros told Orlando, Fla., police he grabbed the woman's breasts because she was not wearing a bra, according an arrest affidavit posted on the Smoking Gun website. In his native country, Botros said, if a "girl like her" dresses like that, "it means she (was) asking for that."

He was charged Wednesday with battery.

The woman told police she had left an ale house about 10 p.m. in an Uber car ordered by her boyfriend. She was going to meet him at a different location, according to the report.

The driver began making comments about how "attractive" and "pretty" she was and then stopped the ride-sharing car to reach under her shirt and seize her breast, the woman told officers.

"Do not touch my boobs or I will hit you in the face!" she yelled at the man, she told police.

The woman said she was afraid of the driver and tried to make nice until she arrived at her destination, where her boyfriend was waiting.

When she got out of the car, she asked the driver for a card so she could contact him again, the affidavit said. He gave her one. She and her boyfriend called police.

Not only did she get his card, she also managed to capture his groping on her cellphone.

After being arrested, Botros admitted to assaulting the woman because she was wearing "a revealing shirt."

The Fifth Amendment is really just for smart people, isn't it?

Well, anyway, goes to show.  Surveillance = justice.  You lot of fucking anarchists.

We need to be surveilled at all times or men from foreign countries might grab the breasts of American women?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I think it has more general applicability than that.  And stop being unprogressive.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2014, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 09:25:15 PM
I don't get it.

Sounds like a tract of fattist propaganda.

Well, you don't have kids, so your childless life isn't smugly fulfilled enough to make that determination.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2014, 09:33:30 PM
I think it has more general applicability than that.  And stop being unprogressive.

It was a rather silly time to bring out your love of CCTV.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 09:31:50 PM
We need to be surveilled at all times or men from foreign countries might grab the breasts of American women?

We had constant problems with individuals from certain Middle East countries that would goose up women on the shuttles to the parking lots.  Even more interesting when they didn't own cars.

Egyptian dudes certainly love the chunky ones.

CountDeMoney

Posted on Salon.com, an excerpt from the upcoming bio on Phil Hartman

QuotePhil Hartman's final night: The tragic death of a "Saturday Night Live" genius
Exclusive: The shocking minute-by-minute account of the comedian's death at the hands of his wife, Brynn

Mike Thomas

May 28, 1998—early morning

According to police, the most likely scenario for what then transpired is this: sometime in the next couple of hours, as Phil sleeps with his bent right leg exposed atop the sheet and cover and his left arm extended straight out beneath him, Brynn enters the master bathroom suite. There, on a closet shelf, is the metal lockbox in which she and Phil keep their firearms and gun supplies. Extracting his Smith & Wesson .38, she returns to where her husband lies. From her side of the bed, she takes aim and fires the first shot. A second and a third follow. One strikes the right side of Phil's neck, just lateral to his chin. Another enters through his posterior right forearm, exits out the anterior, and re-enters his right lower chest. Both are fired from no more than eighteen inches away, the latter causing a fatal wound. The most damaging shot, also fatal, is fired at point-blank or nearly point-blank range and enters just above the bridge of Phil's nose, passing through his skull and brain before it comes to rest. Death is quick, perhaps instantaneous. Incongruously, he seems to be smiling, as if in the middle of a sweet dream.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/21/phil_hartmans_final_night_the_tragic_death_of_a_saturday_night_live_genius/

Zanza

My employer pays a 300 Euro bonus if you don't miss a single day for sickness during the year. They reduce it by 50 Euro per day that you are missing. I wonder if that leads to sick people coming into the office.

Eddie Teach

Would seem kind of silly to give up a sick day for 50 Euros, considering they're probably making that much in an hour or two.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2014, 01:22:36 AM
My employer pays a 300 Euro bonus if you don't miss a single day for sickness during the year. They reduce it by 50 Euro per day that you are missing. I wonder if that leads to sick people coming into the office.

That sounds like a terrible idea.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Maladict on September 26, 2014, 01:48:12 AM
Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2014, 01:22:36 AM

That sounds like a terrible idea.

Agreed. Everyone should work from home.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Comic Sans turns 20! Congratulations!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk