News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I had a weird dream I bought a new matress prompting confusion about why I had done such a thing when my current one is perfectly alright.
I woke up to discover I had fell asleep in front of the tv which was showing a infomercial for mattresses.
I wonder if late night infomercials are specifically designed to influence dreams.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on August 10, 2014, 03:05:16 AM
Tony Stewart (race car driver) KILLS a driver who stupidly gets out of his car and stands in the middle of the race track pointing at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

Tony's got a temper and would certainly win my nomination for "Most Likely to Windshield Somebody for Flipping the Bird", but those dirt track go-carts are all drifting pieces of shit.  It would probably have been harder to try to hit the guy.

LaCroix

Tony Stewart (race car driver) KILLS a driver who stupidly gets out of his car and stands in the middle of the race track pointing at people.

:lol:

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: Iormlund on August 10, 2014, 03:52:03 AM

And finally we have an answer to the debate about what to do in case of car breakdown on a busy highway.

Tony Stewart is sitting this race out, which pretty much ends his season.

That driver had a bad time Tony Stewart's last 2 times around the track. I think both incidents were his fault.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2014, 11:41:23 PM
Maybe he meant erotic? Or heroic? :unsure:

Eroica, maybe (the subtitle of Beethoven's third symphony.)  In the UK the Proms are a series of concerts in London rather than the acronym for Programmable Read Only Memory as it is in the US.   

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sheilbh

Quote from: Savonarola on August 10, 2014, 04:24:17 PM
Eroica, maybe (the subtitle of Beethoven's third symphony.)  In the UK the Proms are a series of concerts in London rather than the acronym for Programmable Read Only Memory as it is in the US.   

;)
Yep. I went to a Prom. The final piece on the program was the Eroica symphony.

Edit: Also, Sir Mark Elder looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter:

When he went for a kiss with the first violin it was chilling.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2014, 05:48:45 PM
Edit: Also, Sir Mark Elder looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter:

I thought it was Nathan Lane.

sbr

I'd love to see Nathan Lane's version of Hannibal.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2014, 05:48:45 PM

When he went for a kiss with the first violin it was chilling.
was the redhead the first violin? because gingers give me the creeps too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Eggplants give me the creeps. Their shifty eyes, their hands darting out to steal the silverware.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2014, 09:04:45 PM
Eggplants give me the creeps. Their shifty eyes, their hands darting out to steal the silverware.
so, you're a redhead huh? I always knew you had some bad luck, but sorry on the whole ginger thing? :( :D .

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

You are cordially invited to inspect my pubes. Black as my soul.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
uhm, thanks for the offer I guess, but I'm afraid i'll have to decline

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on August 10, 2014, 09:16:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2014, 09:15:31 PM
uhm, thanks for the offer I guess, but I'm afraid i'll have to decline

STARE INTO MY UNSHAVEN PIT OF DESPAIR