Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 31, 2014, 01:42:35 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 29, 2014, 05:56:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 29, 2014, 04:33:28 PM
Now I have "White, Discussion" stuck in my mind.

Shit towne.

I nominated that song as my senior class graduation theme. It just fit so well. My best friend nominated Head Like a Hole. Some dipshit nominated the worst song ever made, which won.

I think I was at a disadvantage since the album came out about six weeks before prior to the ceremony.  :P

I like the Beatles and all, but that's pretty trite.

"Head Like a Hole" would be a far more accurate anthem for our times, though, wouldn't it? -_-

On the subject of bands that went nowhere after a breakout, I nominate Bush.  I was listening to that one song anybody ever heard off of Razorblade Suitcase today, and realized how little an impact they made after Sixteen Stone.  I imagine he still does something, but people think of Gavin Rossdale as a househusband these days.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I liked their last CD  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 31, 2014, 06:06:53 PM
I was listening to that one song anybody ever heard off of Razorblade Suitcase today,

Swallowed, Greedy Fly and Mouth all got radio play.

Seems they've all been forgotten though. Even the songs from Sixteen Stone have less than a million views on Bush's VEVO station.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

had a bit of a laugh.

Read on Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_Railway

that Mussolini boasted of bombing the Maltese railway into submission after a raid in 1940.

Actually the trainline in Malta stopped running for economic reasons in 1931.

:lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Apparently there's a Rock Me Amadeus cover by Edguy. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on July 31, 2014, 07:25:47 PM
had a bit of a laugh.

Read on Wiki

that Mussolini boasted of bombing the Maltese railway into submission after a raid in 1940.

But surely that was his whole gig;

Mussolini didn't make the trains not run on time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on July 31, 2014, 07:25:47 PM
had a bit of a laugh.

Read on Wiki

Mussolini had bombs so powerful, they could time-travel.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Today's streams from Wacken Open Air:

http://www.wacken.com/de/woa2014/main-specials/woalivestream09/arte-concert-livestream

http://www.wacken.com/de/woa2014/main-specials/woalivestream09/3sat-livestream

All times CET (EST +6).

Includes Amon Amarth, Motörhead, Emperor, Slayer and others. "Aufzeichnung" means "recorded".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Devin Townsend is hilarious. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

CdM, I think you should go and report back :)
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Fuck, I may just have to take a ride tomorrow.

Norgy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 31, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

Had to be fairly far into my fourth heroin, bleach and club soda to give her a try. But fair play to her, she does have, er, special hair.

CountDeMoney

Sure, if you like chubby little black dudes.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould