News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 25, 2014, 11:42:15 AM
It's probably not the contacts, but your eyes. When I get tired and mine start bothering me, taking them out and washing/moistening them only buys me like half an hour.

Then you should take your eyes out and wash them?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Mine don't work like that. :(

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2014, 01:09:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2014, 04:12:29 AM
Is she tiny or are those cups huge? :lol:

Well she is three.

Garanimals probably don't even come in A cups.

Edit: Oh.

derspiess

THATS REAL RETARDED SIR
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Seedy is now on the list of "not allowed to babysit".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

It seems to be a thing these days for preschool age kids to wear shoes that purposefully squeak very loudly. Is this just in japan or is it overseas too?
It was cute the first few times I saw and heard it but now.....
██████
██████
██████

Syt

According to a new poll, 29% of Austrians would like to see FPÖ leader Strache as chancellor. :bleeding:

I can only hope that it's due to the bland and ineffective work of the grand coalition ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

The legs of Bartosz Huzarski after the 18th stage of the Tour de France. :x

The stage:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2014, 01:06:57 PM

:cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

:hmm: That doesn't look healthy.  On the plus side, I guess he has no trouble finding a vein to inject stuff into him.

Savonarola

CB and I went to the Vero Beach Museum of Art today.  One of the pieces made me think of Barrister Boy:

The Trial by Tom Otterness.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Oh, Dick Smith.  Your special effects are fantastic!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Tomorrow I leave japan with no immediate plans to return.
Logically this is good in so many ways. Yet still.... I don't wanna go to smelly old England. Especially now I've had two weeks of travelling to worthwhile parts of japan.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Does England really smell, or is it just the Dickensian past that Josq stepped out from?
Kinemalogue

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 27, 2014, 02:52:27 AM
Tomorrow I leave japan with no immediate plans to return.
Logically this is good in so many ways. Yet still.... I don't wanna go to smelly old England. Especially now I've had two weeks of travelling to worthwhile parts of japan.

:(

But overall a useful and enjoyable experience?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"