News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You know what doesn't have a bad aftertaste? High fructose corn syrup.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

It sticks on your tongue for ages.  I drank a soda twenty minutes ago and can still taste it.  It'll be there for another hour at least.

Obviously by "poison" I mean it makes me nauseous in the quantities at which I drink sodas, and it's a free country so I don't even want to hear your scolding bullshit.  But anyway, while one or two a day won't hurt you, six to twelve appear to be hazardous, at least to your stomach. :x

Now aspartame?  That's God's sugar.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 24, 2014, 08:58:33 PM
You know what doesn't have a bad aftertaste? High fructose corn syrup.  :blush:

Sure it does.  It's called a cavity.

Reminds me, I need to get a cap.  Or seven. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I can drink 20 aspartame diet sodas in a day and feel great.  Also it tastes better.
Kinemalogue

MadImmortalMan

Cal--That JB commercial with Mila Kunis is great. She'll be in her 40s when she picks up that barrel, but I'd still party with her.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

House Hunters has a girl lawyer from Australia who has decided to move to Paris and support herself by hosting gourmet dinners in her house.

There's just so much joke material here. Eat pray love your way to bankruptcy, baby. At least she didn't have a husband or kids. You hate to see her ruin their lives too.

jimmy olsen

Apparently King George V had a large blue and red dragon tattoo on his arm that he got in Japan in 1881!  :bowler:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Is she tiny or are those cups huge? :lol:
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2014, 09:19:23 PM
Cal--That JB commercial with Mila Kunis is great. She'll be in her 40s when she picks up that barrel, but I'd still party with her.  :P
The word on the inside is that the ad campaign with her is a giant mistake.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

The only thing wrong with it is that it isn't a barrel of 17 year old Macallan.    :lol:

I think I may be the ad's demo.

MadImmortalMan

AT&T insults everyone with their new commercial. IT dudes wiring up shit and girl asks what they're doing. IT dudes say blah blah (you can post from the break room). Girl smiles.

Sometimes, girls actually understand IT things. It really does happen. Also, sometimes, IT guys are not nerdy neckbeards.   :P

Josquius

So much ignorant support gaza shit clogging up Facebook lately... Uh. A pox on them
██████
██████
██████