Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 11, 2014, 12:57:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2014, 12:15:26 PM
How can you not have heard "aboot"?  It may be more subtle than the stereotype, but I've heard it myself from real live Canadians.  Watch five minutes of hockey coverage and you'll hear it multiple times.

I think that is something you will only hear in parts of Ontario and perhaps parts of the Maritimes.  You hear it on hockey broadcasts because we are fed an unhealthy does of Maple Leafs games.

Yeah I distinctly remember Malthus saying it in that video of him talking to Carl a few years back.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2014, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 11, 2014, 12:57:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2014, 12:15:26 PM
How can you not have heard "aboot"?  It may be more subtle than the stereotype, but I've heard it myself from real live Canadians.  Watch five minutes of hockey coverage and you'll hear it multiple times.

I think that is something you will only hear in parts of Ontario and perhaps parts of the Maritimes.  You hear it on hockey broadcasts because we are fed an unhealthy does of Maple Leafs games.

Yeah I distinctly remember Malthus saying it in that video of him talking to Carl a few years back.

Yep, Malthus definitely has that speech pattern.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 11, 2014, 12:55:53 PM
Queen City Sausage Fest?

Gay.

Ohio though? Throws a wrench in that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Seen a sticker on a bench near work: "Eat More Nazis"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Ugh.  I've had a cold for the last two days.  Fortunately, my cat seems to be doing much better.  I love that cat. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
Queen City Sausage Fest?

Gay.

Some learned fag you are. There's a reason they call Columbus the San Francisco of the Midwest.  Their Pride parade is an entire weekend event.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on July 11, 2014, 12:55:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2014, 12:51:55 PM
Wait...Sav is Canadian? :weep:

No, but one of my grandmothers was a full-blooded Canadian.  I'm more ethnic than Senator Warren.  :Canuck:

:cheers:

I've heard Canadians declare "nobody says a boot. We say a boat."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2014, 04:01:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
Queen City Sausage Fest?

Gay.

Some learned fag you are. There's a reason they call Columbus the San Francisco of the Midwest.  Their Pride parade is an entire weekend event.

Sweetie, people call themselves all sorts of things.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2014, 12:04:29 PM
I demand to see a regional soft drink map for Canada.

Hey. Shut. Up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2014, 04:17:09 PM
You fail at gayness.

Being gay isn't actually a cabal where we have shared tea times and do each other's hair.