The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on June 13, 2014, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2014, 02:30:50 PM
GF, buy the cheapest suit you find that's 100% wool.

Good advice.

That wasn't an avalaible option. I got one that is 55% for the jacket. I got a sport jacket actually. It fitted me better.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on June 13, 2014, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 11:53:47 AM
You have to see it outside of your real personal situation.

This is Tyr you're talking to  :lol:

QuoteIf you own a 2k$ suit, than it is not a significant part of your net worth.

Exactly.

:huh:
I'm fully capable of empathising with other people.
Agreed that it's probably true that to most people with such expensive suits it won't be worth much.
I was just saying that it is crazily expensive to me
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

When I was admitted to the bar, back in the ancient historical land of 2001 (wait...  :mad:), my parents gave me a barrister's briefcase.  It looked a lot like this:

That thing has served my well for years.  It's been to so many crappy rural courthouses I can't barely count.

But today... it gave up.  The handle sheered right off the bag.  Makes it unusable.  After 13 years, it is no more.

I R sad.  :(

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Quote from: Jacob on June 13, 2014, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
I was surprised yesterday at all the Eurotrash brands available in the eyeglass store yesterday.  Prada frames?  Dolce and Gabina frames?

At least those are fashion brands... you can get Porsche eyewear too.
Porsche Design is actually making a lot of nice looking things. It's got its name from Ferdinand Porsche, the grandson of the Porsche of sports car fame.

However, all those eyeglass frames are actually just the name and aren't designed by those fashion or design brands at all. They are all from Luxottica. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica

Josquius

Things should last forever  :pope:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 13, 2014, 11:19:31 PM
However, all those eyeglass frames are actually just the name and aren't designed by those fashion or design brands at all. They are all from Luxottica. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica

:yes:

I saw the 60 minute special
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 09:17:06 PM
That wasn't an avalaible option. I got one that is 55% for the jacket. I got a sport jacket actually. It fitted me better.

I actually bought a suit in Canada a cuppa two tree years back (12?).  I was going to a wedding of a buddy, and the airline lost my luggage.  I had to pick up something in a Toronto department store and I noticed Canada seemed to be big on wool blends.  Which I guess might make sense cause you don't really care if a suit steams you up in summer.

The Brain

I bought a suit before it was wool.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on June 13, 2014, 11:19:31 PM
Porsche Design is actually making a lot of nice looking things. It's got its name from Ferdinand Porsche, the grandson of the Porsche of sports car fame.

Zanza, you are the new German nationalist. :thumbsup:

Josquius

I'm currently sitting waiting for a train.  Next to me is a shriveled up little old lady who has a portable DVD player, watching subtitled Chinese drama on max value.
For some reason it just strikes me as a bizarre sight
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Bizarre by European standards, but surely you must've gotten a new one staying in Japan for so long? :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

I ran today and it wasn't insanely horrible.  Am I: healing? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

The fireworks assholes have started their July 4th assholefest early this year.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.