News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

That said I prefer 6th Ave* as it isn't covered by as many shoppers / it has Quality Meats which is just lovely.

*that's right, 6th Ave - not Avenue of the Americas, hobos. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 04:03:16 PM
That said I prefer 6th Ave* as it isn't covered by as many shoppers / it has Quality Meats which is just lovely.

That's really objectifying.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Objectifying meat?

I am so glad I brought my umbrella when headed for my car. Rain is really throwing down. Thanks, Brooklyn!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 05:13:16 PM
Objectifying meat?

I am so glad I brought my umbrella when headed for my car. Rain is really throwing down. Thanks, Brooklyn!
Same here in Jersey City, we actually got a flash flood warning.  My umbrella did a got job covering the half of me that was under it, but the other half got completely drenched.  Yes, that includes the socks.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2014, 05:17:05 PM
  My umbrella did a got job covering the half of me that was under it,

OK katmai.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Today's bit of government idiocy:

The TABC apparently requires bars in airport terminals to post the "51% sign", which states the portion of the concealed carry law that prohibits concealed handguns in establishments that get 51% or more of their revenue from alcohol and are thus classified as "bars".  Even thoug half a dozen laws already prevent people from having one here anyway.

Its stupider than the Florida fire code regulation that requires "No smoking" signs on fireworks displays in areas where smoking is illegal.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2014, 02:23:27 PM
Somebody who, when peeing himself, manages to only wet his socks, is a very talented individual.  In my experience, it is invariably a very messy process.

:lol:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2014, 02:30:50 PM
GF, buy the cheapest suit you find that's 100% wool.

Good advice.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 12:03:46 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 13, 2014, 11:54:21 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 11:23:50 AMBut then I have been eyeing a messenger bag at Prada - but recognize how frivolous such a purchase would be. :blush:

I tend to like Salvatore Ferragamo when it comes to frivolously expensive man-bags.

I could see that. Not exactly my cup of tea.

Luckily there are frivolously expensive man-bag brands for many different tastes :hug:

Admiral Yi

I was surprised yesterday at all the Eurotrash brands available in the eyeglass store yesterday.  Prada frames?  Dolce and Gabina frames?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
I was surprised yesterday at all the Eurotrash brands available in the eyeglass store yesterday.  Prada frames?  Dolce and Gabina frames?

At least those are fashion brands... you can get Porsche eyewear too.

Ideologue

The NSA should track the sales.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)