News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 09:37:54 PM
Looks like the Tea Party is saying it isn't dead yet.
And it would be wrong, as usual.  Brain death means death.

derspiess

Their movement is reeling after that scathing attack, DG.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 09:49:18 PM
Their movement is reeling after that scathing attack, DG.
I don't believe you, I think you're just being nice.

derspiess

That's me-- Mister Nice Guy :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2014, 07:36:43 PM
When even Eric Fucking Cantor isn't conservative enough for you...wow.  Just wow.

He probably said that law abiding citizens should not be allowed to shoot police officers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2014, 09:37:54 PM
I'm as shocked as anyone, but Cantor isn't *that* conservative, and he was very much the establishment God.

Looks like the Tea Party is saying it isn't dead yet.

No, it's just saying it's not interested in governing in the least.  Cantor, for all his Teabagginess, was at least open to talking across the aisle about immigration reform and the Civil Rights Act.  But Virginian Republicans just let us know exactly how they feel about spics and nee-groes, as is their wont.

derspiess

Ha, that's an understatement.  Cantor wasn't just "open to talking across the aisle about immigration"-- he was full-tilt pro-letting-in-as-much-cheap-Mexican-labor-as-we-can, as his corporate donors demanded.

I liked him, personally.  But he wandered off the reservation enough times to make himself vulnerable.

Ideologue

Why do liberals like immigration, anyway?  Is it just the race thing?  I don't like the prospect of immigrants from Britain (or Germany--ZANZA GO HOME) either.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

It's more liberal: free movement of people, higher growth, globalisation etc. It's generally a very good thing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Yeah, liberals love liberal economics.  Why can't you foreigners speak English? :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

They do. Clinton and Obama and even Warren are basically liberal.

We're all liberals now :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2014, 03:20:48 AM
Why do liberals like immigration, anyway?  Is it just the race thing?  I don't like the prospect of immigrants from Britain (or Germany--ZANZA GO HOME) either.
5,812 Germans got permanent resident status in the US in 2012. That's like 0.6% of all legal immigrants in that year.

If I had a choice between various countries to go to as an expat, the US wouldn't be among the top ten countries I guess. It's just not as attractive as some other places.

Ideologue

And I'd bet 5,000 of them work for automobile comapanies that generate illusory value in order to sell their signals, I mean cars, to rich people.  I wonder if 5,812 Americans, or even a proportional number, got permanent resident status in Germany? :hmm:

As for ten countries being more attractive than the U.S., I agree.

Also, I don't really mind you coming to work in America. :hug:
Kinemalogue

Josquius

So this Piers Morgan character...he seems to be quite universally reviled....how does he have a careeer?
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I should have gone to bed.  I woke up at 3:30pm today yesterday to a phone call asking me to come into work at 9 tomorrow today. :bleeding:
Kinemalogue