And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

CdM still has good in him. :hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 09, 2014, 07:34:07 PM
CdM still has good in him. :hug:

What was I supposed to do?  Leave a Gadsden flag and a swastika on his body?

garbon

I don't think I realized that clove cigarettes could no longer be sold in US. Good riddance. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2014, 12:29:49 PM
It appears the common motif is Bill Maher style  punch lines unrelated to the service.

As I was just re-visiting this for the image - I'd say, certainly they are meant to appeal to liberals / I think I heard something (urban legend?) about the head of manhattan mini-storage saying that they didn't really need ads speaking about advantages of their service to get customers. Nature of Manhattan gets them that just as long as their name is out there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2014, 09:07:25 PM
I don't think I realized that clove cigarettes could no longer be sold in US. Good riddance. :x

They're actually illegal in Maryland.  Never had a chance to lock anybody up for them, though.

garbon

Apparently banned nationwide in '09 along with other flavored cigs.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 09, 2014, 06:11:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2014, 02:07:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 09, 2014, 02:03:46 PM
Who said anything about maintaining it?  Just need it once.

Cruelty to animals, much?

Fuck you, I saved a turtle from traffic today.  Ungrateful bastard hissed at me.  Was that jump off the curb and onto his back a suicide attempt, or merely a twisted cry for help?  We'll never know;  if he wants to try it again, he's got one hell of a distance to go this time, went off road and put his snappy little ass about 100 yards into the woods.

You are a good man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Shit, they were made illegal in Maryland back in the 1940's, I think.  Big Tobacco was still pretty big here back then, couldn't let anybody muscle in on the action, you know.

Josquius

Which insects are ok to kill? Assuming there are just one or two of them around and not an infestation of course.
To my mind only Mosquitos are truly guilt free murderable. Though cockroaches are a bit evil and too smart for their own good....
My coworker just killed an ant I was watching make its way across the room :(
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Josquius

You monster.

I've just been for a walk/jog/explore in the country east of town, further than I've been before. I oddly enough discovered the fields open up into what seems to be another village over there. Shortly after this village I came to a road which I had planned to follow in order to loop back to home. The road was heavily fenced off with bright blue construction lights everywhere; this town is generally BLACK, no street lights outside of the immediate station area, so it was odd to see this Tokyo-central style construction site. Without a soul in sight either.
I had planned to follow this road and didn't plan to backtrack. The construction seemed to be for a new bridge which I didn't plan on crossing so I figured it would be no problem to climb over the barrier and cut through the construction area.
Within the boundaries of the construction site was a very weird looking shrine. It didn't seem to follow any style I'm familiar with. The blue lights from the construction site illuminated it in a very bizzare way. I wish I knew how to take night time photographs.
As I approached the shrine weird thoughts started coming into my mind. This was just like a scene from a Japanese horror film, and sure enough... "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" I saw a ghost.
I didn't obviously. There's no such thing. But I saw something white and vaguely human shape hanging down from the inside ceiling of the shrine. Cursing and lashing out (it was too far away for that) is my instinctual reaction to ghosts.
I made my get away quickly.
Later on my walk a mouse decided to ram my foot. I disturbed it with the light from my phone and it just ran right at me.
I think I'm cursed.

edit- I just brushed my hair and found a hair which is about 4 inches too long to be one of mine. :o
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Fall of the West, part 37.

QuoteComing to an office near you?

Only if you pry the gun from my cold, dead hands <_< :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

What the hell?  Shorts with dark shoes and a sports coat with no tie?  What is that shit?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."