And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2014, 01:05:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 12:20:54 PM
Looking in their online applicant tracking systems for the little box that says "Project Management Certification" checked off.
Yep. I've known a few people who insist HR send all CVs to them because they know what they're looking for whereas HR are normally just looking for reasons to dismiss an application.

I've often thought that HR are the single biggest problem we have. They are to the West what homosexuality was to the Romans <_<
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on May 26, 2014, 11:49:04 AM
I still have no clue about the automotive industry, much less about mechanic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. I would have to learn on the job, and fast.
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.  :)

Malthus

Looking in their online applicant tracking systems for the little box that says "Project Management Certification" checked off.
Yep. I've known a few people who insist HR send all CVs to them because they know what they're looking for whereas HR are normally just looking for reasons to dismiss an application.

I've often thought that HR are the single biggest problem we have. They are to the West what homosexuality was to the Romans <_<

Enjoying actively HRing is okay, but being passively fucked by HR is not?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Malthus on May 26, 2014, 03:46:54 PM

Enjoying actively HRing is okay, but being passively fucked by HR is not?  :hmm:
Christ the thought of being passive HRed :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I loathe HR with a passion. A bunch of Meri types clucking all day long.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

HR isn't the problem; they are just the result of the problem. The problem is lawyers.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 26, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Now, now...that would be insulting Meri, and wholly unnecessary.

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on May 26, 2014, 06:08:06 PM
HR isn't the problem; they are just the result of the problem. The problem is lawyers.
:o

So hateful :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 26, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Now, now...that would be insulting Meri, and wholly unnecessary.

I'm a jerk.

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2014, 06:09:42 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 26, 2014, 06:08:06 PM
:o

So hateful :weep:

At least in the US, I think it is true. There are so many legal pitfalls involved in hiring and firing in a large organization. To cope with those you need a group like HR in the process. Such a group isn't going to be good at assessing skills for a specific job, because their role is so far removed from that job.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Sheilbh

Surely the solution isn't an HR department but more gainful employment for lawyers to ensure you don't fall into those little pitfalls? :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

My solution involves a purge of both HR and lawyers. By firing squads.

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2014, 06:16:48 PM
Surely the solution isn't an HR department but more gainful employment for lawyers to ensure you don't fall into those little pitfalls? :)

I would guess that your typical HR worker makes less than your typical corporate lawyer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 26, 2014, 06:20:22 PM
My solution involves a purge of both HR and lawyers. By firing squads.
Remember what Shakespeare said, first kill all HR personnel, and take it to heart :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on May 26, 2014, 06:20:47 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2014, 06:16:48 PM

I would guess that your typical HR worker makes less than your typical corporate lawyer.

Your typical corporate lawyer isn't typical.

Anyway, HR annoys the shit out of me in how they've become this entirely separate career path; I look into HR jobs a lot.  After all, HR is is in routine matters a clerical department, but they also have rulemaking and rule enforcement responsibilities within the organization, and have regulatory compliance responsibilities to boot.

But JDs aren't considered for human resources.  Usually, they want actual HR degrees.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)