██████
██████
██████

The Larch

It's not a crime to be unemployed.

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on May 14, 2014, 10:22:37 AM
It's not a crime to be unemployed.

Gaps in employment history do raise red flags with some employers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on May 14, 2014, 10:13:26 AM
Surprising to see a lot of German still lingering

It may be the next most widely spoken language, but I'd bet the numbers are really, really low.

Surprising thing about that map is it doesn't have any languages from the subcontinent.  Just judging by interpreter requests in court I'd say the most widely spoken language in Edmonton would be punjabi.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2014, 10:28:02 AM

It may be the next most widely spoken language, but I'd bet the numbers are really, really low.

Yeah table 3 in this link shows how much lower those numbers are compared to Spanish.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-22.pdf
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

So all 18 year olds are Hitler?  I KNEW IT
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Neo-nazis should get better codes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on May 14, 2014, 10:56:26 AM
Neo-nazis should get better codes.

Unfortunately, being a neo-Nazi is typically not associated with sufficient intelligence to design better codes.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Amish/Mennonites :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2014, 10:59:29 AM

Yet the third most spoken language in Pennsylvania is Italian :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2014, 11:01:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2014, 10:59:29 AM

Yet the third most spoken language in Pennsylvania is Italian :lol:

Lotsa Wops around Philly.

Valmy

Interesting that Louisiana still has a French thing going to the extent it still is more widely spoken than Spanish.