And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on April 24, 2014, 04:24:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2014, 04:16:15 AM
Beggars can't be choosers. Currently they're looking for franchisees.

I hope it's not going to be as anemic as KFC's attempt here. They re-booted in 2005, and at the moment they have a whopping 4 restaurants in Vienna. And their selection is weak. This is their menu:

http://www.kfc.co.at/new/alacarte.pdf

Weird. I'd have thought with all the Muslims there KFC would do well

Is KFC halal?

Josquius

No idea. But Muslims all seem to love it for some reason.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on April 24, 2014, 04:24:26 AM
Weird. I'd have thought with all the Muslims there KFC would do well

That may actually be a problem for them - that there are loads of no-name chicken take away stores (though it's usually either grilled chicken, chicken wings, or a chicken schnitzel). McD and BK are doing well, because the burger niche isn't overly crowded here. There's also the duo chain of Schnitzelhaus and Pizzamann who also offer chicken (plus home delivery from their restaurants).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I don't understand chicken wings. Way too little meat on way too much bones.

Brazen

Quote from: Tamas on April 24, 2014, 04:25:28 AM
Is KFC halal?
Is my local KFC halal?

For some time, we've been asked to serve halal food in parts of the UK. So we're running a halal trial in communities where the demand has been strongest. You'll find a lot more info about our halal restaurants in the 'About Us' section.

You can check if your local KFC is halal by checking the 'halal' box in our store locator.

Brazen

Just spent a fruitful half-hour Google image searching pictures of WWII soldiers with kittens and puppies. Guaranteed to cheer anybody up  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on April 24, 2014, 04:46:01 AM
I don't understand chicken wings. Way too little meat on way too much bones.

I think it's because there's so little meat, the sauce gets spread more evenly. On a bigger cut, you'd have inner bites that just taste like chicken.

I prefer the breast myself.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on April 23, 2014, 10:04:14 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2014, 08:41:03 PM
Net neutrality is about to die :(

Explain this to me, and how it can affect me.

Your internet will be like your Cable package.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: Brazen on April 24, 2014, 04:53:16 AM
Just spent a fruitful half-hour Google image searching pictures of WWII soldiers with kittens and puppies. Guaranteed to cheer anybody up  :)
Unless those puppies are training with Soviet anti-tank troops.  :hmm:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2014, 06:17:50 AM
How?

If the rumors are true & the draft proposition is that. Then ISP & Content providers/Websites will be able to make deals. Faster speed for Comcast propriety on Comcast networks. Want to acces Google? That'll be 10$/month.

This is of course US only but how the US goes, the internet goes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2014, 04:11:16 AM
It appears Vienna is going to get a Dunkin' Donuts.

Very good cheap coffee.

Also a great deal on donuts they're going to trash late at night.

DGuller

Finally Vienna will get some good coffee.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on April 24, 2014, 08:08:46 AM
Finally Vienna will get some good coffee.

Is that your Ultra Vox Pox postion ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

That was odd. AP put up an article yesterday about AIDS that was written back in the 80s. I first misunderstood the forward they added and was like what is this?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.