News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I've had mine about 5 years, but I've never cleaned it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

I'm never cleaned my PC either.  I may have touched it with my palm 2-3 years ago, judging by the dust pattern on the case.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 22, 2014, 08:23:57 PM
3 years sounds about how often I've bought new computers, but with the rate of chip advancement slowing there's less incentive to upgrade so often nowadays. Plus I don't really play many resource intensive games.

Yeah, I was just thinking the other day that it should be time for an upgrade in another year or so... But.... My pc only has trouble with that one ww2 rts game I can't recall the name of.
I guess I could do with a quieter system...
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

I have a laptop, I can't really open it up and clean it like a desktop. At least, I don't how to.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I am thoroughly enjoying the lefty SF pants wetting over noted asshole Theodore Beale(Vox day) getting a hugo nomination.

Holy shit.

http://spontaneousderivation.com/2014/04/22/how-we-win/

Trigger warnings. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Should be some interesting meltdowns, but Beale is a total douche - so total that he trumps the panty-wringing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 23, 2014, 08:43:25 AM
Should be some interesting meltdowns, but Beale is a total douche - so total that he trumps the panty-wringing.

He trolled the living fuck out of them. He gets a nod of respect from me for that.

His ph level dropped for a second.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I can see trigger warnings about descriptions of graphic rape but do people really suffer PTSD when xenophobia comes up?

Or ableism?  'As most people have two legs' *traumatic breakdown*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Giving blood tonight. I've a rare blood type (B-) so I like to go fairly regularly. I've been donating since I was 18 and had my first mishap last time. I sat down for my tea and biscuit and spurted another armful of claret all over the church hall floor. Oops!

Grey Fox

I can't give blood. It never works. Or it could work but the nurses always stop it prematuraly when my pressure drops suddenly.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2014, 09:55:18 AM
I can't give blood. It never works. Or it could work but the nurses always stop it prematuraly when my pressure drops suddenly.
I tried once.  I asked the nurse if it were normal to feel nauseous.  She didn't respond, but instead called over another nurse, elevated my feet, told me to cough (I argued with her about the need to do that), and disconnected me from the line.  Not going to try again.

Iormlund

I don't think I'm allowed. The meds should disqualify me.

garbon

I can't as I've had some dick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2014, 10:46:37 AM
I can't as I've had some dick.
Basically.

Though my bloodtype's very common so they're probably not interested anyway <_<
Let's bomb Russia!