News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on April 22, 2014, 04:03:18 AM
My cousin had a GameBoy, and he wouldn't let me play it, even when he wasn't playing it.

We haven't spoken in twenty-four years.

I used my cousin's extensively (though was more into game gear). We talk fairly regularly and he typically flies once a year to come visit me. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 22, 2014, 08:55:29 AM
I always loathed Tetris.

Had it for NES. Was great for just zoning out. These days that would be PopCap games, like Bejeweled.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

The newly born giraffe in Copenhagen Zoo has died. Luckily, if I might add, as it was marked for death because of the same breeding programme as Marius. The kid giraffe just saved Denmark another scandal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

sbr

Quote from: Josephus on April 22, 2014, 08:57:58 AM
this was my first hand held

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Afgoql5yA

I assume a picture of my first hand held would be frowned upon as NSFW.

Ed Anger

RIP, my AMD 6 core computer. You was a good gaming computer, even though for the last year you was only used for word processing and having the desktop picture changed to a pony by evil little girls.

2010-2014
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

It only lasted four years? :o
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Just last year I gave the boot to my Compaq. 2005-2013. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on April 22, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

That is the usual good run of my computers before they get the boot anyways. I don't do that upgrade crap. Screw that.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 22, 2014, 08:09:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 22, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

That is the usual good run of my computers before they get the boot anyways. I don't do that upgrade crap. Screw that.
That used to be the case, but my current PC is nearing its 5th anniversary, and it's still plenty powerful at everything I need it for, including heavy gaming.  Of course, now that I say this, I know that something crucial like motherboard is going to kick the bucket.  :ph34r:

Ed Anger

I also may have not cleaned the inside of it for 2 years. I WAS BUSY

DGuller

OK, knowing that I just foolishly angered the computer gods, I plugged in my external hard drive and started up Windows Backup. :unsure:

Eddie Teach

3 years sounds about how often I've bought new computers, but with the rate of chip advancement slowing there's less incentive to upgrade so often nowadays. Plus I don't really play many resource intensive games.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I think I've had mine since 2009.  Seems ok.  (Knock wood.)

I clean it pretty regularly since my last one overheated and died. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: sbr on April 22, 2014, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 22, 2014, 08:57:58 AM
this was my first hand held

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Afgoql5yA

I assume a picture of my first hand held would be frowned upon as NSFW.

Nah I played head to head hockey before I did that
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011