News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I'd say something, but there was a murder in my neighborhood about 10 years ago.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

The actual downtown/midtown area is where the homeless people congregate, and that is where I'm discussing. Places like Buckhead and the Virginia Highlands are safe.

That said, about 15 years ago I got an apartment in Buckhead--a good complex in a gated community. About a week after moving in, I'm going to bed about 3AM, and hear a bunch of gunshots. What happened was a few nights earlier, a rapper that lived in my complex got into an argument at a club. She had since gone to the Caribbean for a vacation, but the goofballs she was arguing with didn't know that. So they snuck in behind another car to get into the complex, and waited on her to show up. The saw a limo coming in, figured it must be her, and shot it up. It turned out it was a limo full of nurses that were just celebrating a birthday party. I don't remember how many of them died.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2014, 09:56:10 PM
None of them.

I found news articles and you seem to be right...but how do you know?

Also, it may not have been the rapper angle I said that motivated the shooting.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

I'm actually intrigued by how DGuller knows....does he remember me posting about it a dozen or so years ago? Or did he google the incident from the scant info I provided?

Eddie Teach

Or you are the same person  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on April 20, 2014, 10:38:02 PM
I'm actually intrigued by how DGuller knows....does he remember me posting about it a dozen or so years ago? Or did he google the incident from the scant info I provided?

His company provides life insurance for the nurses' union in Atlanta.

DGuller

I remember reading about that incident.  Earlier today, after googling it.

Ed Anger

DG has sources in the GRU.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Is the increased activity on site today, because it's a workday in the USofA ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 21, 2014, 08:59:13 AM
I received an email "from" Bush-41 with a link to this:

http://gop.com/act/george-hw-bush-socks?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GOP_products_ghwb-socks-offer&utm_content=0421-GHWB-sock-offer-champ

:unsure:

I've read that Poppy Bush was going to help fundraise this election cycle.

Hell, I'd buy the socks if it was for charity.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I think Bush 41 should try to run for the Rep nomination again. He will do better than any of these new GOP Clowns.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Those are some fabulous rainbow socks there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2014, 11:13:49 PM
I remember reading about that incident.  Earlier today, after googling it.

Those are the articles I found...the first being the initial story similar to what I conveyed, the second saying my rapper neighbor wasn't the target.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1427817/update-da-brat-brawl-allegedly-spurs-atlanta-shooting.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1427815/atlanta-police-da-brat-not-target-shooting.jhtml