Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Norgy on April 17, 2014, 07:57:41 AM
The horse meat scare is ridiculous. I have no issues eating horse or my little pony for that matter.

I think the main concern there was that the horse meat came from uncontrolled sources, and had a probability of containing too many chemical products.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

The horse meat scare is ridiculous. I have no issues eating horse or my little pony for that matter.
Neither would 40% of British people, I believe a survey at the time said. But not when it's labelled as beef, at a commensurate price, or when it's from a knackers yard and full of the veterinary drug phenylbutazone which is banned in food animals.

Josquius

I don't know, I think there was a slight issue of "Not Mister Horsey!!!!".
But yes.
The scandal was more of being fed something which totally wasn't what we paid for.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I think it's cool that ancient Norse dudes used to cut a horse's head off and stick in on a long pole, and then aim it at guys they wanted to curse or threaten or something.  Afterwards I guess they would eat it, I dunno.

Anyway do you still do stuff like that? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 17, 2014, 07:57:56 AM
Back when I did data entry a couple of summers at a hospital, there was a little fleet of Jamaican food trucks based mostly in Harlem that always had one always parked near the hospital (a huge proportion of the nurses there being West Indian).  I'd get their goat curry when I wanted to splurge.  Seemed like a very exotic and daring thing to eat back then for me. :blush:
Jamaican beef patties :mmm:

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 17, 2014, 09:19:40 AM
I think it's cool that ancient Norse dudes used to cut a horse's head off and stick in on a long pole, and then aim it at guys they wanted to curse or threaten or something.  Afterwards I guess they would eat it, I dunno.

Anyway do you still do stuff like that? :)

Khartoum.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I finally understand the aristocrats joke.
Its not funny.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2014, 10:32:35 AM
Its not funny.

Explain.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on April 17, 2014, 03:49:44 AM
Competing with Derspicy for sputnik sized melon is what it means.

No way.  I'm 7 3/8.  Dunno how someone can be size 9 without being a waterhead.  No offense to MiM of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Its not funny.

Then you do understand it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Its not funny.

It's not supposed to be funny.  It's a representation of the skill of the comedian if they can make it funny.

Savonarola

Gabriel Garcia Marquez died.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom