News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2014, 01:33:05 PM
Mr. Nabbach will soon be accidentally poked in the ass by an umbrella, I'm afraid.

IIRC, it's fairly recently emerged that it wasn't an umbrella, but some form of low powered pistol/injector/nail gun type arrangement.  I think details were found in Bulgarian archives, but I could be wrong
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I liked the Daily Mail story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2605047/Hairdresser-used-jokey-poster-Kim-Jong-promote-salon-targeted-North-Korean-embassy-officials-demanded-disrespected-leader.html
QuoteHe said: 'The funny thing is, it's not a bad haircut if he styled it correctly.
'Lots of men are walking around with hair shaved short at the back and the sides, long on the top and big beards - in fact it's quite like my own style, though it's all about the face shape.'

Diplomatic incident: Barber Karim Nabbach says his brother Mo was forced to go the police because the rogue state's officials put him under surveillance

State headquarters: North Korea's embassy is based inside this semi in Gunnersbury, west London, pictured here with its flag flying
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

mongers

GWB's portrait of Angela Merkel:

:blink:

Not his best, by a long chalk.

Zanza

I can't pinpoint it, but her eyes somehow look a bit off.

Ed Anger

His Pootie Poot one is the best. I'd hang one next to the shitter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

A commentator recently noted that it seems that GWB used for his paintings no images from the doubtlessly large archives from his presidency, but rather one of the first Google images that comes up for the persons in question, often the one from their Wikipedia page.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

He should have used this one of Merkel:

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2014, 01:51:30 PM
GWB's portrait of Angela Merkel:

:blink:

Not his best, by a long chalk.

Only reason he got an art show is....well because the gallery is named after him.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

I hope the CDU fails miserably and Germany gets a real government again soon.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Schroder wasn't finished giving Russia complete and total control over central Europe.  The SDP deserves another shot at it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2014, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Schroder wasn't finished giving Russia complete and total control over central Europe.  The SDP deserves another shot at it.

Tell me how German foreign policy has improved with Merkel.
Like most countries in Europe, foreign policy is a fundamental cross-aisle thing between the big parties. An inheritance from the Cold War, mostly, but still true. The only significant change in German foreign policy happened during Willy Brandt's chancellorship.

Now, of course, I'd like all of Europe to elect leftist-centrist governments and shed the right-wingers to where they belong; the scrapheap.

Barrister

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 04:30:40 PM
Now, of course, I'd like all of Europe to elect leftist-centrist governments and shed the right-wingers to where they belong; the scrapheap.

:nelson:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 04:30:40 PM
Tell me how German foreign policy has improved with Merkel.
Like most countries in Europe, foreign policy is a fundamental cross-aisle thing between the big parties. An inheritance from the Cold War, mostly, but still true. The only significant change in German foreign policy happened during Willy Brandt's chancellorship.
Not strictly on topic, but I found this interesting:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/conflict-with-russia-raises-buried-questions-of-german-identity-a-963014.html
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

This is one bad-ass girl: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26969150

13 years old; hunts with a golden eagle in -40 degrees (F or C).