And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 14, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
Britain, 'somewhat proud':
QuoteIs Britain suffering a crisis of patriotic feeling? According to the latest British Social Attitudes survey, only 35% of Brits are now willing to say they are "very proud" to be British, down from 43% a decade ago. Another 47%, however, say they are "somewhat proud", which is an increase from last time.
Good. Patriotism is bad.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 14, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
Britain, 'somewhat proud':
QuoteIs Britain suffering a crisis of patriotic feeling? According to the latest British Social Attitudes survey, only 35% of Brits are now willing to say they are "very proud" to be British, down from 43% a decade ago. Another 47%, however, say they are "somewhat proud", which is an increase from last time.

You do not want to seem too eager to be proud.  That would just be a little embarrassing and awkward.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

How far in advance is kosher to start applying for jobs?
Can't really be applying for stuff now if I may not even be in the country till August.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2014, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 14, 2014, 05:41:24 PM
No-one pours the wine back into the bottle - yuck.  :lol:

Wouldn't want to spoil that purple drank? ;-)

When I was a kid, I actually liked that stuff. :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2014, 08:55:48 AM
:lol:  Nothing cleans a shield like Lemon Pledge.

I'm betting that's that special Endust, used for electronics.

Sheilbh

So I got drunk last night and, I think, accidentally instigated three group holiday plans :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2014, 10:45:53 AM
So I got drunk last night and, I think, accidentally instigated three group holiday plans :blush:

Happens.  At least you remember them and won't be blindsided when someone reminds you :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 15, 2014, 09:11:48 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2014, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 14, 2014, 05:41:24 PM
No-one pours the wine back into the bottle - yuck.  :lol:

Wouldn't want to spoil that purple drank? ;-)

When I was a kid, I actually liked that stuff. :lol:
Purple drank?  DAMN, you is hardcore, nigga! :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Bad hair day?

North Korean officials visit salon over Kim Jong-un 'bad hair' advert

North Korean officials paid a visit to a London hair salon to question why it had used their leader Kim Jong-un's picture in a poster offering haircuts.

The poster in M&M Hair Academy in South Ealing featured the words "Bad Hair Day?" below the leader's picture.

Barber Karim Nabbach said embassy officials were shown the door and the salon's manager spoke to the police.

Met Police said: "We have spoken to all parties involved and no offence has been disclosed."

The salon put up the poster on 9 April and the next day two men claiming to be officials from the North Korean embassy visited the salon and demanded to meet the manager, Mo Nabbach.

Karim Nabbach said: "We put up posters for an offer for men's hair cuts through the month of April. Obviously in the current news there has been this story that North Korean men are only allowed one haircut.

"We didn't realise but the North Korean embassy is a 10-minute walk from the salon. The next day we had North Korean officials pop into the salon asking to speak to the manager.

"He said 'listen this isn't North Korea, this is England, we live in a democracy so I'm afraid you're going to have to get out of my salon'."

rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-27038723
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Mr. Nabbach will soon be accidentally poked in the ass by an umbrella, I'm afraid.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

If I were that salon's manager, I'd have a GPS chip implanted in me, just to give my next of kin closure.

derspiess

:lol:  They ought to continue on the theme.  Free Workers Party pins on May 1, Dennis Rodman autograph sessions, etc.