And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Thoughts so far from Oregon. I'm in Bend right now. Surely named so due to its many roundabouts.

Between Klamath and Bend is the poorest place I've ever seen inside the borders of the USA. I saw nothing at all that even came close to looking like a middle-class dwelling, and the highest concentration of rotting shacks and hovels anywhere I've been in the US. And I've been to rural West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky. I thought these guys had a decent safety net. Clearly there is not a lot of cash kicking around down there. A very high number of trailer parks with RVs in them in the area suggests that's what the logging workers live in since they're transient and they are the nicest houses around.

It's also one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Looks like I imagine Fangorn forest. Awesome mountains. Klamath Falls downtown looks like Normal Rockwell painted it. I haven't seen much of Bend yet and it's dark. It looks like it's probably a much more prosperous place though.

You have plenty of time to enjoy the scenery because the speed limits are so slow you can probably get a ticket on a bike. Mrs. MIM was pulled over but the cop let her go. He said if he had written it, the fine would have been $580. wut. Good thing she was driving. I'm not pretty enough to ever get off with a warning. We ended up using the cruise a lot because it's so distracting trying to keep your speed down so far. For the first time in my life, an attendant pumped my gas for me today.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

The thing I remember about Fredo was that he said, after I had emo-quit that one time, that the only reason he came over here from Paradox was me.

Ed Anger

The Brain

AFAIK the feds keep track of your type profile. The mystery pooper should be identified soon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2014, 05:06:22 AM
I'm off to France!

Don't let the door hit your derriere on the way out.

Ed Anger

They'll never exterdite over poop crime.

The Brain

Ed Anger

Me and Polanski will go clubbing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2014, 01:38:47 AM
The thing I remember about Fredo was that he said, after I had emo-quit that one time, that the only reason he came over here from Paradox was me.

:console:

I spent something like 6 months at Paradox before coming back. You were one of the few languish posters still active on EUOT. I got a sort of invite to languish from you, and so that was my backstory of how I arrived.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller