The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

That is the reason kids have problems in Middle School.  It is because as toddlers somebody called them bossy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 09:18:29 AM
That is the reason kids have problems in Middle School.  It is because as toddlers somebody called them bossy.

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2014, 03:19:24 AM
QuoteGerman airline Lufthansa is to cancel 3,800 flights on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because of a strike by pilots over pay and working conditions.

The airline said 425,000 passengers would be affected by the stoppages.

It says that it has sent 100,000 text messages and emails to people who have booked on its flights in an attempt to prevent chaos at airports.

Emergency sleeping and food has been made ready at bigger airports for those who did not get the warning messages.

Fun!
I am just trying to book a flight at our corporate travel agency. Not really fun...  :(

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2014, 09:21:15 AM

Sorry was Middle School awesome for you or something?

Besides as a parent I am always amused by the notion 'remember that little thing you said when your kid was 3?  DOOMED THEM FOR LIFE!!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I like how nearly everyone in this article interview seemed mostly okay, not so much put out but...^_^

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/business/international/lufthansa-strike.html?_r=0

QuoteAdvance planning by Lufthansa, one of Europe's busiest airlines, seemed to be paying off Wednesday at the beginning of a three-day strike by pilots, despite the cancellation of about 900 flights worldwide.

But some travelers were nonetheless left scrambling to find alternative flights. And the city of Frankfurt, a major Lufthansa hub, was bracing for possible trouble in the coming days, as thousands of attendees of a big industrial trade show wondered whether they would be able to find ways out of the city on Thursday and Friday.

The airports at Frankfurt and Munich, another Lufthansa hub, were relatively calm, according to airline and airport representatives, after a two-day effort by the airline to notify passengers of flight cancellations that were expected to affect more than 425,000 travelers through Friday. Lufthansa said it expected to cancel another 1,200 flights scheduled for Thursday.

Robert and Jennifer Beamon, newlywed Americans traveling through Europe for their honeymoon, arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport near Paris early Wednesday for a flight to Berlin, only to find that it had been canceled. Lufthansa check-in staff rebooked them on an Air France flight leaving an hour later.

"We didn't even talk to him, I handed him the paper and he just went on the computer and got us a new flight," said Ms. Beamon, 24. "It seems like they were anticipating this," added Mr. Beamon, 25.

Tabary Guy, a 48-year-old Frenchman flying to Munich on business, said he had received an email Tuesday from Lufthansa warning him that his flight had been canceled. He said the airline had changed his flight and that he was not expecting to be delayed or inconvenienced.

Another person angry at the pilots was John Chen, owner of Elite Lighting Co., which is based in Zhongshan, China. Mr. Chen said that he had been in Frankfurt for three days to attend a large lighting industry trade fair and that he had planned to visit a customer in Kotowice, Poland, afterward.

"My good plans are totally destroyed," Mr. Chen said. "My customer will be very disappointed because of my absence."

Mr. Chen displayed a printout of an itinerary planned back in July. He and the customer were going to discuss a new product, he said. "Now everything is destroyed," Mr. Chen said. "I'm very upset. In China such things would never happen."

"There is no fast train to Katowice,'' Mr. Chen said. "How do I get there?" He said that he would visit a different customer in Amsterdam instead, and try to get to Poland when the strike ended.

derspiess

Jimmy Carter stopped and ate Cincy chili at Skyline here last night.  Apparently that was big news.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 09:30:41 AM

Besides as a parent I am always amused by the notion 'remember that little thing you said when your kid was 3?  DOOMED THEM FOR LIFE!!'

I have a question, it's quite simple.

How old are kids in middle school?

(This 3 tier divison is weird.)

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2014, 09:30:41 AM

I was hoping you were being silly as I doubted you thought that the campaign was saying being called bossy at 3 ruins girls for life.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 02, 2014, 09:48:59 AM
I have a question, it's quite simple.

How old are kids in middle school?

(This 3 tier divison is weird.)

Usually 12-13.

Grey Fox