News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that John Kerry is proposing handing over Jonathon Pollard to Israel in exchange for Israel staying in the peace talks with Palestine.

Not for signing a deal mind you, just for not walking out of the talks.

This man is a moron.  And a Nobel whore.

Grey Fox

He's getting released in late November 2015 anyway. John Kerry is right.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2014, 11:20:02 PM
Heard on NPR that John Kerry is proposing handing over Jonathon Pollard to Israel in exchange for Israel staying in the peace talks with Palestine.

That's not what CNN is reporting.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/01/world/meast/israel-spy/

QuoteIn exchange for Pollard's release, the sources have said that Israel would have to make significant concessions to the Palestinians, which could include a settlement freeze, the release of additional prisoners beyond the current group in dispute, and an agreement to continue peace negotiations beyond the end-of-April deadline.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Does Pollard have to be alive?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2014, 08:54:06 AM

Does Pollard have to be alive?

I like the cut of your jib. Please subscribe me to your newsletter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I can dig that.  They can have him tomorrow with no conditions after the firing squad is finished.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Using bullets covered in pig fat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I do not condone the death penalty but I like this idea.

Let's put him into a pork skin suit & deliver him to Israel from some Bridge.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

So I am going to be more educated now. I was just gifted digital access to NYT. ^_^ :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?