News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Two weeks in the field, crappy tent camp in Virginia ever changing weather working very long days and eating only MREs.  Now have a 3 hour layover at the airport = I hope I don't pass out drunk and miss my flight.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 29, 2014, 03:21:06 PM
Two weeks in the field, crappy tent camp in Virginia ever changing weather working very long days and eating only MREs.  Now have a 3 hour layover at the airport = I hope I don't pass out drunk and miss my flight.

If you do post an AAR on Languish.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Some guys from the bar here just left to go buy a parachute.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2014, 05:03:43 PM
Some guys from the bar here just left to go buy a parachute.  :hmm:

That's a euphemism? :unsure:

MadBurgerMaker

No, they came back bummed out because they could only find  an old French reserve chute from the 60s. I'm still confused.

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2014, 05:23:18 PM
No, they came back bummed out because they could only find  an old French reserve chute from the 60s. I'm still confused.

So the bar wasn't the salon of an airborne airship.  :hmm:

Josquius

Wow.
So yesterday I was indulging in the Japanese tradition of cherry blossom viewing. i.e. drinking in the park all afternoon.
It was fun. But....I forgot to drink any water with my beer. As a result I had a headache at 10pm. So weird to have such a displaced hangover. They're normally associated with waking up, not going to bed.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteSo the bar wasn't the salon of an airborne airship.  :hmm:

That would be awesome but no. Apparently they only wanted this thing to set up a tent like cover thing.  I don't know why they needed it right now, and why a French reserve chute wasn't good enough but there it is.

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

That would be awesome but no. Apparently they only wanted this thing to set up a tent like cover thing.  I don't know why they needed it right now, and why a French reserve chute wasn't good enough but there it is.

Only GI parachute material is good enough to trade as silk for local favors?  :D

MadBurgerMaker

Ideologue

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

Watersports.  Indoors.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Oh. And another event yesterday.
Outside Omiya station we ran into a group of odd people with signs saying "Free English", they seemed to be aping the whole free hugs thing but....with English...because...Japanese people like that?....
I guessed they were just random crazy people having a laugh. But nope. Turns out they were from a church and it was all a ploy to ensnare innocents. Ugh. Sure, freedom of religion and all that, you want to believe in sky monsters then have at it, but infecting others with your idiocy is just immoral.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I'd have asked for a lesson just to fuck with them.
Kinemalogue