And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

IIRC that whole thing correctly the weirdest thing to me was not that Lettuce pretended to be blind (as weird as that was), but that he had no idea why people took such extreme offense at him doing so.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2014, 12:08:13 PM
IIRC that whole thing correctly the weirdest thing to me was not that Lettuce pretended to be blind (as weird as that was), but that he had no idea why people took such extreme offense at him doing so.

Gosh, you're so ableist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 18, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2014, 09:15:30 PM
Sometimes in my dreams I'm aware that I'm dreaming.  I dreamt that I was chatting up a girl I liked back in high school and it was really going well, that's when I realized it was a dream.  After thinking "it's to bad this isn't real", I woke up, but that turned out to be another dream.  When I woke up a second time, I was confused and depressed. :(

:console:  If you have a rich dream world, re-entry to planet waking life is hard.

It ain't easy being crazy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 11:53:22 AM
QuoteHowever, trans-abled people do not see their condition as being based on wants or personal desires but on need. As transabled.org says, (a site that aims to promote the rights of the trans-abled), “the dichotomy between what our psyche tells us and what our body tells us is ripping us apart.”

'Promote the rights of the trans-abled'?  Oh God do  they want insurance to buy them wheelchairs for psychological reasons?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

This has to be a spoof.

Grey Fox

There is an entire pan of humanity that needs to stop listening to itself and just fucking shut up & soldier on.

Or go to church, ffs.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
This has to be a spoof.

I totally buy it.  Hang out in the leftwing blogosphere (feminists and stuff not commies) for a bit.  Plenty of well meaning people there but it can go down a self-indulgent rabbit hole pretty fast.  Any kind of socialization of any sort eventually gets associated with oppression. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2014, 01:18:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 11:53:22 AM
QuoteHowever, trans-abled people do not see their condition as being based on wants or personal desires but on need. As transabled.org says, (a site that aims to promote the rights of the trans-abled), "the dichotomy between what our psyche tells us and what our body tells us is ripping us apart."

'Promote the rights of the trans-abled'?  Oh God do  they want insurance to buy them wheelchairs for psychological reasons?

Or perhaps be allowed to pretend they have a disability without scorn/fear of getting a deserved beatdown. /I guess being allowed to do things like have a service dog?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Grey Fox

garbon

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 19, 2014, 01:38:56 PM
Fills your mind up.

Well sometimes that cure can be worse than the disease.  But it might get you doing charity work and out doing things and less time dreaming up how you are being oppressed by society.  Still potentially adding to the list of evolution deniers makes me nervous :P

Grey Fox

There are risks, yes but this is as gone too far.

Eddie Teach

The church has traditionally been very good at enforcing conformity to societal norms.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?