News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
Apparently 11% of Americans think HTML is an STD. I think these are my favourite people :lol:

:lol:

Admiral Yi

Who here knows what HTML stand for? :nerd:

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2014, 05:53:04 PM
Who here knows what HTML stand for? :nerd:

Hyper text markup language. :nerd:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
Apparently 11% of Americans think HTML is an STD. I think these are my favourite people :lol:

It's worse than that. :P

crazy canuck

QuoteThe study involved 2,392 men and women, all of whom were 18 years of age or older.

This actually might explain a bit, people in their 20s may not know some of the older terms as they have become irrelevant.  Who cares what a motherboard is these days - heck who cares about computers anymore?

But not knowing what software is?  That seems very odd.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2014, 06:53:35 PM
QuoteThe study involved 2,392 men and women, all of whom were 18 years of age or older.

This actually might explain a bit, people in their 20s may not know some of the older terms as they have become irrelevant.  Who cares what a motherboard is these days - heck who cares about computers anymore?

HTML is a language, not software.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

When you get snarky, generally best to know what you are talking about.

Quote15% said that "software" was a comfortable type of clothing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Why are you blaming people in their 20s?
All I have to go on is over 18 which would suggest to me it's more likely than not that they're older
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2014, 09:04:09 PM

That wasn't snarky, that was a just a statement;  snarky would've had "dumbass" tagged on it.

Now excuse me, I have to catalog my 3 1/2" 2MB diskettes, thank you.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

That wasn't snarky, that was a just a statement;  snarky would've had "dumbass" tagged on it.

An irrelevant statement. :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

Hipster. I have 8" disks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2014, 09:11:29 PM
Hipster. I have 8" disks.

I have 8-tracks.  Suck on that.