News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

You got the older leftovers. You should know better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Brazen on February 26, 2014, 06:40:58 AM
Hilariously gory German forklift driver training video. It all starts getting a bit Final Destination from about 2:00, but well worth watching to the end, a real splatter-fest!
http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/features/the-most-hilarious-gruesome-forklift-training-safe

I used to show those in the warehouse at a previous job. Not kidding.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Zanza

Hilariously gory German forklift driver training video. It all starts getting a bit Final Destination from about 2:00, but well worth watching to the end, a real splatter-fest!
http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/features/the-most-hilarious-gruesome-forklift-training-safe
That's literally older than the internet (or at least the WWW).

Syt

Ahyup. One thing that made the video so hilarious is that the narrator is best known for doing traffic safety PSAs on German TV for, oh, thirty years or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Larch on February 26, 2014, 06:52:07 AM

I can see it, people interested in fictional dystopias might be interested to know there's a real one.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 26, 2014, 02:59:31 PM
I can see it, people interested in fictional dystopias might be interested to know there's a real one.  :hmm:

Of course, isn't that what the plot for Footloose all about?

Eddie Teach

Is that a remake of Footloose? ( :rolleyes:) That dude doesn't look like Kevin Bacon.

CountDeMoney

DGuller

What kind of lax testing environment do they have in Germany?  :huh: Klaus obviously was taught the proper safety procedures.  And why wasn't he sent home after the first couple of incidents?  Is it because of the unions?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 26, 2014, 03:05:35 PM
Is that a remake of Footloose? ( :rolleyes:) That dude doesn't look like Kevin Bacon.

Is that a trick question? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Sadly, it is. A remake, not a trick question.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 26, 2014, 03:54:17 PM
Sadly, it is. A remake, not a trick question.

Yeah, I knew it was a remake. Didn't see it though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive