News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Mine has Wi-Fi, but although you can connect to it, it doesn't seem to actually work.  It doesn't have one of those webpages where you have to accept terms and can then log in... it just does nothing at all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

So Lola has been watching those Leapfrog educational cartoons on Netflix. Never paid much attention until I saw that one of includes: a crippled dog? wtf
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on February 24, 2014, 10:06:55 PM
Mine has Wi-Fi, but although you can connect to it, it doesn't seem to actually work.  It doesn't have one of those webpages where you have to accept terms and can then log in... it just does nothing at all.

Have the cashier and/or manager troubleshoot the problem and report back to us on everything.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Well, looks like I survived the fire in my apartment building.  Close calls like that really make you think about what's really important in life.  I will post more on Languish from now on.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on February 24, 2014, 11:17:02 PM
Well, looks like I survived the fire in my apartment building.  Close calls like that really make you think about what's really important in life.  I will post more on Languish from now on.

That is great, as you can tell we were all really worried about that.  :hug:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Iormlund

Quote from: DGuller on February 24, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

I survived a fire in my apartment block as well.  :hug:

At the time I lived on a first floor, though. Which kind of lessened the 'oh my Hod we're gonna die!' factor by quite a bit.   :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Is it normal in western countries for workplaces to play a song at the end of the regular working day?
They play a weird midi version of the hovis song at my work. Which is doubly odd as another midi version of it was the 4/5 o'clock alarm where I used to live.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I think there is some audible signal when the shift ends in our plants.

Malthus

Text from a neighbor:

I am so sorry Bob. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess. I have been tapping your wife, day and night when you're not around. In fact, more than you. I do not get any at home, but that's no excuse. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest apology with my promise that it won't happen again.

The man, anguished and betrayed, went into his bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word, shot his wife and killed her.

A few moments later, a second text came in: Damn autocorrect! I meant "wifi", not "wife".

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.