And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2013, 03:04:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2013, 11:46:31 PM
Medium rare steak is about as raw as I'll go.  Or maybe ceviche if I have Cipro handy.

Well done for me with globs of A1 steak sauce. And ketchup.

You really know how to troll!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maximus on December 10, 2013, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2013, 09:12:40 AM
Quote from: Brazen on December 10, 2013, 09:08:49 AM
4. What does the Queen call her Christmas Broadcast?
The One Show.

5. What did Santa do when he went speed dating?
He pulled a cracker.

10. Why was the Brussels sprout sent to prison?
Because it was a repeat offender

I don't get these :blush:

Same. Also number 2
Dear = expensive.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 10, 2013, 02:00:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2013, 03:04:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2013, 11:46:31 PM
Medium rare steak is about as raw as I'll go.  Or maybe ceviche if I have Cipro handy.

Well done for me with globs of A1 steak sauce. And ketchup.

You really know how to troll!

I make the foodies squirm.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

QuoteA large and sometimes unruly crowd attended a recent meeting on proposed transportation improvements near 12th Street and Menaul that include the possibility of a roundabout and expanded sidewalks.

Some people were angry about the proposed 10-foot sidewalk along 12th Street, while others scoffed at the roundabout idea, with one woman loudly objecting to the use of the word "queue."

About 70 residents packed a room at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center recently to hear plans for the area, which ranges from Interstate 40 to just north of Menaul and lies between 12th Street and Los Tomases Drive. Proposed improvements would follow the "Great Street" concept, which aims to accommodate all modes of transportation, including cyclists and pedestrians.

The improvements are planned by the city in anticipation of future development. Jim Heimann, project lead engineer, said the master plan for the Albuquerque Indian School site includes 468,000 square feet of federal office space, 72,500 square feet of retail space and possibly a hotel.

More information
Visit the project website at 12thandmenaul.org
The plan also includes eight- to 10-foot sidewalks along 12th Street, six- to eight-foot sidewalks along Menaul and possibly bike lanes on both streets.

One man in the audience yelled, "Ten-foot sidewalks are a waste of money. Nobody walks anymore. How can you justify a sidewalk of that size?"

Planners said the larger sidewalks provide a safer environment for pedestrians.

Heimann then turned to the proposed roundabout at Menaul and 12th. He said a one-lane roundabout would create a traffic backup at rush hour, so planners are recommending two lanes. Heimann referred to the "queue" of cars that would form as traffic waited to enter the roundabout.

This angered one woman in the audience.

"This is America!" she yelled. "We don't say 'queues' in America. We say 'lines.' We stand in line, we wait in line. We do not queue."

Presenters abandoned the word "queue" for the remainder of the meeting.

Damn right lady. Goddamn Limeys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote"This is America!" she yelled. "We don't say 'queues' in America. We say 'lines.' We stand in line, we wait in line. We do not queue."

Spot on.

The Brain

Not many Americans walk, and if one of them actually does walk a 10 ft sidewalk won't be nearly enough.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2013, 03:45:25 PM
Quote"This is America!" she yelled. "We don't say 'queues' in America. We say 'lines.' We stand in line, we wait in line. We do not queue."

Spot on.

Too right.

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Spot on.

I stand on line, I wait on line.  :hide:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)