And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 04, 2013, 06:41:21 PM
Why does Liep get a pass?
As a train conductor and servant of the state, Liep is above reproach.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2013, 06:42:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 06:38:00 PM
Snuff's in the product name.  I don't think it's actual snuff; my grandmother did that, and it was really powdery, like talc.

Anyway, I blame Denmark, and, hence, Jacob.

Correct

You say he's right, but your picture says blame England.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Copenhagen is actually manufactured in Tennessee.  I have no idea if it was originally Danish or not.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 06:47:14 PM
Copenhagen is actually manufactured in Tennessee.  I have no idea if it was originally Danish or not.

This suggests no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_(tobacco)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Pittsburgh. So you can blame Strix and Meri by association.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

That's efficient, since I blame them for a lot of stuff already.
Kinemalogue

mongers

VP Harry Truman playing to Lauren Bacall.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

At first glance i thought he was shining her shoes.

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 06:54:08 PM

Yeah I blame the slave trade on Shelf.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 04:08:14 AM
I had another midget dream tonight. I was in a meat processing plant and instead of cows, we were processing midgets. Chop chop, blood everywhere.

That is the 4th or 5th midget dream.

You should get off the chantix  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2013, 07:30:06 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 06:54:08 PM

Yeah I blame the slave trade on Shelf.  :bowler:

The Irish?
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on December 04, 2013, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 04, 2013, 10:16:49 AM
My father quit by quitting one smoke monent each week.

Started with the smoke after diner.

The most significant part of quitting is really making the decision to quit.

Not "cut down", not "quit for a day and see how it goes", but quit. Throw out the smokes. Throw away the lighters, the ashtrays, the tin can out back you threw the butts in.

I 'quit' a few times before I really quit, but it was bullshit. In my mind, I was still a smoker.

Yup. Concur. For the last few years as a smoker, I was always cutting back. Then i decided to quit. Tried the gum for a few days, but realized I was getting addicted to the gum. I'd wake up in the morning and start reaching for the gum. As I ate, I couldn't wait to chew on some gum. It tasted like crap too. After a few days, i just tossed the gum and went cold turkey. It was tough. No kidding. But really the first week was the worst. It started to get better quickly. It was six or seven years ago now. Don't remember.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on December 04, 2013, 07:33:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 04:08:14 AM
I had another midget dream tonight. I was in a meat processing plant and instead of cows, we were processing midgets. Chop chop, blood everywhere.

That is the 4th or 5th midget dream.

You should get off the chantix  :lol:

I'd like be on something more....calming.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 04, 2013, 07:29:43 PM
At first glance i thought he was shining her shoes.

...if only to get a better mirror surface to look up her dress.

And a fine view I'd expect it to be, as well.
and the horse you rode in on