News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2013, 03:44:39 PM
I laughed too. but only because I don't want to like like the only one here who didn't get it.

BAR = Browning Automatic Rifle

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=58
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2013, 09:31:28 AM
Where will they go?  Who cares.  Disappearing means lower unemployment rates.  God Bless the United Basements of America.

This is what's happening in Spain now. On paper, unemployment has been going down for two quarters. But there are actually far less people employed. In November, for example, unemployment went down by 2475, yet employment figures decreased by 66k. The difference made up of those who gave up, left for green pastures or retired.

11B4V

QuoteJudge OKs Detroit Bankruptcy, Pension Cuts

(Newser) – A federal judge today gave Detroit the bankruptcy protection it sought, dismissing challenges from banks and labor unions, the Detroit News reports. Vested pensions aren't subject to any special protections either, Judge Steven Rhodes said; they're just contracts like any other, and "it has long been understood that bankruptcy law entails the impairment of contracts." He did warn, however, that he would "not lightly or casually exercise power to impair pensions."

The judge swept aside a host of other objections as well. He said there was ample evidence that Detroit was insolvent, and that while the city did not make the requisite good faith effort to negotiate with its creditors, it also would have been "impractical" given that there are 100,000 of them. Selling the city's trove of valuable artwork, he argued, would only "delay inevitable financial failure." Indeed, the city probably should have declared bankruptcy sooner, he said. "Was it a foregone conclusion? Of course it was."

http://www.newser.com/story/178566/judge-oks-detroit-bankruptcy-pension-cuts.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_top
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

According to CNN it's costs $900 to change the oil on the Porsche Carrera GT that Paul Walker died in.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2013, 06:28:40 PM
According to CNN it's costs $900 to change the oil on the Porsche Carrera GT that Paul Walker died in.

Why would you change the oil on a car that was totaled?

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Insert class warrior response here, I guess.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Between having it done at a Porsche dealer, and using an authentic Porsche oil filter, I believe it.

Still going to be under $80 at Jiffy Lube. 

Ed Anger

I thought about getting an Astin Martin DB-9. Around 300k. Eat that Ide.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: sbr on December 03, 2013, 06:31:12 PM

Why would you change the oil on a car that was totaled?
:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 03, 2013, 05:54:47 PM
QuoteJudge OKs Detroit Bankruptcy, Pension Cuts

(Newser) – A federal judge today gave Detroit the bankruptcy protection it sought, dismissing challenges from banks and labor unions, the Detroit News reports. Vested pensions aren't subject to any special protections either, Judge Steven Rhodes said; they're just contracts like any other, and "it has long been understood that bankruptcy law entails the impairment of contracts." He did warn, however, that he would "not lightly or casually exercise power to impair pensions."

The judge swept aside a host of other objections as well. He said there was ample evidence that Detroit was insolvent, and that while the city did not make the requisite good faith effort to negotiate with its creditors, it also would have been "impractical" given that there are 100,000 of them. Selling the city's trove of valuable artwork, he argued, would only "delay inevitable financial failure." Indeed, the city probably should have declared bankruptcy sooner, he said. "Was it a foregone conclusion? Of course it was."

http://www.newser.com/story/178566/judge-oks-detroit-bankruptcy-pension-cuts.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_top

*11Bravo giggles with glee over urban union employees losing their pensions, rolls around naked in the monthly statements of his own taxpayer-funded one*

DGuller

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2013, 07:37:00 PM
Maybe he's got two.

I think he is retired military, so yeah, two.