News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 23, 2013, 03:45:52 PM
I got a library card just to check out a couple books that were crazy expensive.

Actually, Mrs. MIM got me the card so she could check out two volumes at once.

We ended up paying some fines for having them too long and then we remembered why nobody uses the library anymore.

I've discovered the magic of having an ebrary account as a student, and downloading entire volumes on capabilities-based planning for joint operations in .pdf for free.  :wub:
And I can't even begin to tell you how much stuff I've downloaded on anti-access warfighting development.  Dreamy.

Sheilbh

There's a party happening in the building over the road from me. Loudly.

This is fine. But it's a bit unsettling the only music they've played is the Requiem for a Dream theme. This often:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

I feel like taking over a bottle of vodka and a Rihanna CD. Don't think I'd be welcome.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2013, 09:05:29 PM

I've discovered the magic of having an ebrary account as a student, and downloading entire volumes on capabilities-based planning for joint operations in .pdf for free.  :wub:
And I can't even begin to tell you how much stuff I've downloaded on anti-access warfighting development.  Dreamy.

University libraries are the best.  I am an instructor, so I get full access to all the wizardry that students never use.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Quote from: PDH on November 23, 2013, 09:46:46 PM

University libraries are the best.  I am an instructor, so I get full access to all the wizardry that students never use.
I wasted a significant portion of my degree reading completely unrelated journal articles :(
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

I found the info for the naming "opportunities" of library assets.  Goddammit, if I still had my old job I'd have a goddamned collections display case named for me.   :lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2013, 09:47:45 PM

I wasted a significant portion of my degree writing lengthy, considered posts on Languish :(

FYP.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Neighbor across the street knocked on my door and welcomed me to the neighborhood with an invite to her Thanksgiving dinner. :) It seems she only lives with her young adult niece.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

My phone's text app menu keeps turning on and off furiously.  It's insanely frustrating and really weird.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

What's the phone? Get a different app.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.