News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

The contestant doesn't speak Dutch. Being Dutch, they all speak English and the audience get why the jokes are wrong.

We usually get a few European contestants on these sort of show who speak very poor English. We don't speak any foreign languages so we just laugh at them  :Embarrass:

Edit:
QuoteDude just won't let it go.
That's the really weird thing. Even though barely anyone's laughing and everyone seems awkward he just keeps going :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

What about the one dude speaking w/ an American accent?  Is he Dutch too?

Sheilbh

Apparently he's American:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Karaty

He may speak Dutch after seven years of judging the Dutch/Belgian version of 'So You Think You Can Dance' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2013, 11:52:57 PM
Edit:
That's the really weird thing. Even though barely anyone's laughing and everyone seems awkward he just keeps going :bleeding:

Yeah that really was pretty awkward.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2013, 11:52:57 PM
The contestant doesn't speak Dutch. Being Dutch, they all speak English and the audience get why the jokes are wrong.

We usually get a few European contestants on these sort of show who speak very poor English. We don't speak any foreign languages so we just laugh at them  :Embarrass:

Edit:

That guy is pretty much the lowest common denominator on Dutch TV. He's basically expected to behave like this when asked to be in a jury.

But even so that was pretty embarrassing  :Embarrass:

Caliga

You know what's embarrassing?  That these goddamn reality talent shows just will not go away.  That's an embarrassment for all of humanity though, not just the Dutch or that racist dude. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2013, 11:34:42 PM
Via a friend in the Netherlands. Dutch casual racism on Holland's Got Talent:
http://www.vkmag.com/magazine/hollands_got_talent_viraal_als_racistisch_programma/
:bleeding: The poor guy :(
He is quite Susan Boylesque. Totally doesn't look the part.
The first no. 39 with rice joke just didn't make sense. And from there he sticks with it....
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I'm sure he was referencing ordering Chinese food.  Over here at least, it's common to order by number (since white devils are afraid to try to pronounce the Chinese name of dishes).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

That's how you order Chinese food here, they don't even bother given then names, just numbers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on November 21, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
I'm sure he was referencing ordering Chinese food.  Over here at least, it's common to order by number (since white devils are afraid to try to pronounce the Chinese name of dishes).
Yeah, people sometimes do that in Europe too. But it still made no sense as a joke
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on November 21, 2013, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 21, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
Yeah, people sometimes do that in Europe too. But it still made no sense as a joke

Seriously? Stop being so dense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2013, 10:11:36 AM

Seriously? Stop being so dense.
Seriously?  I've no idea what you mean.
Did I miss something?
Did the guy say his age was 39? The reference makes perfect sense, that was never an issue, the joke however doesn't.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2013, 08:08:02 AM
That's how you order Chinese food here, they don't even bother given then names, just numbers.

General Tso is turning over in his grave.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."