And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2013, 10:03:52 AM
An extra 8? :o :pinch:

Depends on how much you start with, I guess. There's stories of people with 1 inch erections.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2013, 09:42:04 AM
I need help. I need arguments to convince my girlfriend that buying a 46/50 inch is better choice than buying a 42.

The viewing distance you will be watching it on will be too large for a 42, as you need to be within a certain distance to let the human eye actually recognize all the details Full HD television can provide, so basically 42 inch would be throwing money out, while 46/50 would be an ideal choice and a wise investment.

Also, depending on the model you are choosing, there might be an option for picture-in-picture or picture-and-picture viewing (Samsung does the latter well), which is an excellent way to let both of you enjoy your own TV program while also spending time together. 46 inch is the absolute minimum to make that enjoyable, and you really need 50 for a good quality on that.

You are welcome.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 19, 2013, 10:28:51 AM
Also, depending on the model you are choosing, there might be an option for picture-in-picture or picture-and-picture viewing (Samsung does the latter well), which is an excellent way to let both of you enjoy your own TV program while also spending time together. 46 inch is the absolute minimum to make that enjoyable, and you really need 50 for a good quality on that.

I think I'd smack someone if they suggested I watch my show in the pip. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I need help. I need arguments to convince my girlfriend that buying a 46/50 inch is better choice than buying a 42.

The viewing distance you will be watching it on will be too large for a 42, as you need to be within a certain distance to let the human eye actually recognize all the details Full HD television can provide, so basically 42 inch would be throwing money out, while 46/50 would be an ideal choice and a wise investment.

You are welcome.

:cheers:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

The only thing PIP is good for is keeping track of multiple football or basketball games.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2013, 06:11:36 PM
Martin Bashir apologizes for saying somebody should shit in Sarah Palin's mouth.

Brits.  :rolleyes:
You keep him and Piers Morgan. We'll keep Madonna :(
Let's bomb Russia!

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2013, 10:55:06 AM
The only thing PIP is good for is keeping track of multiple football or basketball games.

I can't think of anyone using PiP feature for anything else other than sports.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

I could definitely see my mom trying to watch 2 shows at the same time.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 19, 2013, 11:18:25 AM

yeah the real nice thing is PAP, but I don`t even know any manufacturer other than Samsung doing it, which is a shame.

Capetan Mihali

Only thing PiS is good for is annoying Marty.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

You are welcome.

Further to that, take her toan electronics store with a showroom of TVs. Stand/sit as far from them as you would at home. It's how I picked out the optimal size for mine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 19, 2013, 11:18:25 AM

It may be useful if you like to channel surf during commercial breaks, so you can keep an eye on when your program is back on.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

My girlfriend pretends not to like technology that will lead me nowhere.

Right she's thinking of getting rid of her computer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

My wife says she doesn't care about the difference between HD and standard def, and I think she says it just to piss me off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2013, 12:51:57 PM
My wife says she doesn't care about the difference between HD and standard def, and I think she says it just to piss me off.
Do you think Blu-Ray movies look better than DVD movies?  I'm in the middle of building a new PC and decided to skip including a Blu-Ray drive (for now, at least).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points