Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I said a foreign occupation, not a foreign invasion. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2013, 01:35:44 PM
I said a foreign occupation, not a foreign invasion. :sleep:

But that is the extent of my knowledge of WWII Denmark :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

The Danish gave up in like a day when the Germans invaded, but later resisted heroically once the occupation began.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2013, 01:41:38 PM
The Danish gave up in like a day when the Germans invaded, but later resisted heroically once the occupation began.

By poisoning their butter cookies?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Everyone wearing the Star of David was a very cool move.  Apart from that, I believe Danish resistance was nonexistant.

Ed Anger

You had to mention those butter cookies. :mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2013, 01:59:35 PM

Everyone wearing the Star of David was a very cool move.  Apart from that, I believe Danish resistance was nonexistant.

I believe you are right.  Denmark was very minimally interfered with by the German occupation, their government allowed to continue uninterrupted, and as such the Danes gave the Nazis very little trouble.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Operation Carthage was cool. Except for hitting the school.

Savonarola

I think that's a legend; Danish Jews weren't forced to wear the Star of David.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Savonarola on November 18, 2013, 02:05:52 PM
I think that's a legend; Danish Jews weren't forced to wear the Star of David.

You're shitting me.  :huh:

Caliga

:hmm: Perhaps I'm thinking about the Dutch resistance.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
:hmm: Perhaps I'm thinking about the Dutch resistance.

I think it was in Nial Ferguson's book on WWII that I read the Dutch were so cooperative only about 40 Germans were needed to administer the whole country.

Of the Western Allies I think only the Norwegians really approached badass.  Then of course there were the Yugoslavs.

Josquius

It's the Danes who didn't resist.
The Dutch did a fair bit.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Martin Bashir apologizes for saying somebody should shit in Sarah Palin's mouth.

Brits.  :rolleyes: