News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Does Macy's sell robot girlfriends? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Phillip V on November 04, 2013, 09:48:42 PM
40% of Americans feel lonely, double the rate in the 1980s.
I blame Facebook.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2013, 07:59:52 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 04, 2013, 09:48:42 PM
40% of Americans feel lonely, double the rate in the 1980s.
I blame Facebook.

As the early 1990s is roughly the time MTV stopped playing music videos, we know who's really to blame.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

What was the name of the cute brunette VJ with the constant camel toe?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 11:35:10 AM
What was the name of the cute brunette VJ with the constant camel toe?

Kari Wuhrer?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2013, 11:15:21 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 08:24:40 AM
I opened my web server this morning and saw the message "There's a cultural revolution at GE!"  I knew some of the executive leadership were walking the capitalist road.   :mad:

(Our latest buzzword is "Culture of simplicity," where they're trying to reduce the needless paperwork and bureaucracy; hence "Cultural revolution.  I'm sure everyone who has worked for a large corporation, or a government agency knows how this is going to turn out.)

Cultural Revolution? Is there any hope for real purges or some juicy self-criticism sessions?

When I was at AT&T I designed a distributed antenna solution for the University of Notre Dame's campus.  It was done in a two phase process which my boss termed "The Preliminary Solution" and "The Final Solution."  So I was the architect of the Final Solution; but I was only following orders.

Freedom is Slavery

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
Kari Wuhrer?

I googled and I was thinking of Martha Quinn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/mtv-turns-30-mtv-vjs-gallery-1.33602

Your chick is a little on the butch side.

I mostly remember that she did some skin flicks in the 1990's and was a VJ in the late 1980's early 1990's period so I thought it might be your girl.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2013, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2013, 11:15:21 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 04, 2013, 08:24:40 AM
I opened my web server this morning and saw the message "There's a cultural revolution at GE!"  I knew some of the executive leadership were walking the capitalist road.   :mad:

(Our latest buzzword is "Culture of simplicity," where they're trying to reduce the needless paperwork and bureaucracy; hence "Cultural revolution.  I'm sure everyone who has worked for a large corporation, or a government agency knows how this is going to turn out.)

Cultural Revolution? Is there any hope for real purges or some juicy self-criticism sessions?

When I was at AT&T I designed a distributed antenna solution for the University of Notre Dame's campus.  It was done in a two phase process which my boss termed "The Preliminary Solution" and "The Final Solution."  So I was the architect of the Final Solution; but I was only following orders.

Freedom is Slavery

It is ironic that turned out that Orwell's greatest oxymoron turned out to be basically 100% true, isn't it?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2013, 12:44:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
Kari Wuhrer?

I googled and I was thinking of Martha Quinn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/mtv-turns-30-mtv-vjs-gallery-1.33602

Your chick is a little on the butch side.

I mostly remember that she did some skin flicks in the 1990's and was a VJ in the late 1980's early 1990's period so I thought it might be your girl.

I don't recall her as a VJ, thought she was eye candy on the Remote Control show.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Martha Quinn was one of the original VJs.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2013, 01:30:42 PM
Martha Quinn was one of the original VJs.

Yes with her pixie haircut.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son