News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 07:44:23 AM
Very.  I've only heard one reporter briefly pop a partisan boner on air in the last 10 years or so.  Coverage, guests, etc. all seem very balanced.

I think so, as well, but I'm somewhat left-leaning, so I wasn't sure if I thought it was because of that, or if it really was. I like that I get to hear the Republican side of things without all the crazy stuff that tends to hit other news sources. It's probably why I consider myself center to center-left rather than Democrat. I find that I agree with a lot of what the Republicans on NPR say.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I once listened to NPR 3 hours straight in a psychologist's waiting room. Talk about torture.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2013, 08:29:54 AM
Somewhat :lol:

You probably have very little idea what my political leaning is. You focus on the parts that you disagree with, and ignore the times that I agree with you. If anything, the way that arguments are handled on Languish have probably made me seem quite a bit more "left-leaning" than I actually am. People are too busy pushing their point to actually listen to what's being said.

But then, I gave up a long time ago. Languish(tm) decides who and what a person is, and any information to the contrary is hypocrisy/ignorance/etc. *shrugs*

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2013, 08:38:57 AM

You probably have very little idea what my political leaning is. You focus on the parts that you disagree with, and ignore the times that I agree with you.

You're a woman; dertraditionalgenderroles thinks you're not supposed to have any political leanings.  Go make more babies.  Sure you're older, but try harder.

Ed Anger

And make some sandwiches too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2013, 08:43:17 AM

You probably have very little idea what my political leaning is. You focus on the parts that you disagree with, and ignore the times that I agree with you.

You're a woman; dertraditionalgenderroles thinks you're not supposed to have any political leanings.  Go make more babies.  Sure you're older, but try harder.

Glad to see the cheer squad has nothing better to do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

You probably have very little idea what my political leaning is. You focus on the parts that you disagree with, and ignore the times that I agree with you. If anything, the way that arguments are handled on Languish have probably made me seem quite a bit more "left-leaning" than I actually am. People are too busy pushing their point to actually listen to what's being said.

But then, I gave up a long time ago. Languish(tm) decides who and what a person is, and any information to the contrary is hypocrisy/ignorance/etc. *shrugs*

I believe Speesh' "somewhat" was a response to the question of NPR's objectivity. :mellow:

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 08:51:04 AM
I believe Speesh' "somewhat" was a response to the question of NPR's objectivity. :mellow:

:hmm:

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2013, 08:15:24 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 07:44:23 AM
Very.  I've only heard one reporter briefly pop a partisan boner on air in the last 10 years or so.  Coverage, guests, etc. all seem very balanced.

I think so, as well, but I'm somewhat left-leaning, so I wasn't sure if I thought it was because of that, or if it really was. I like that I get to hear the Republican side of things without all the crazy stuff that tends to hit other news sources. It's probably why I consider myself center to center-left rather than Democrat. I find that I agree with a lot of what the Republicans on NPR say.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2013, 08:50:05 AM

Ed already has the "post the status of my daily shits daily" angle covered.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2013, 09:35:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 30, 2013, 08:50:05 AM

Ed already has the "post the status of my daily shits daily" angle covered.

You could try for something original. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

My urine was clear with a lovely golden hue this morning.

garbon

:hmm:

I can see the lack of shareholder value.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2013, 08:31:34 AM
I once listened to NPR 3 hours straight in a psychologist's waiting room. Talk about torture.

I listened to it for 12 hours straight to and from Atlanta a couple weeks ago, as well as every morning and evening in the car.  It gets me all edumacated and shit.