News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

There's nothing else he could possibly be.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 03:04:13 PM
A.  They're not cheap.

B.  In the Midwestern winter they're useless.

Can't you put snow tires on?

:hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 05:48:52 PM
Tom Jones is Welsh?!?!?!?!

Who knew this?

His type of South Walian background is now effectively extinct, both in terms of work and entertainment 'apprenticeship'.

Recently listened to this interesting interview with him:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tx499
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 06:15:09 PM
There's nothing else he could possibly be.

It's more real than Sean Connery's professional Scotsman routine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 05:48:31 PM
I live a in a college town as well, that doesn't stop people from mocking me everywhere I go. :(

Maybe you should get a Vespa.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I got both November's and December's issues of Vanity Fair in the mail today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2013, 10:39:10 PM
I got both November's and December's issues of Vanity Fair in the mail today.

I only got my New Yorker
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 05:48:52 PM
Tom Jones is Welsh?!?!?!?!

Who knew this?

Everybody who knew things about Tom Jones?  To be fair it is not really significant information, it is not like his birthplace ever influenced his music much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I hear the Welsh have found a second use for sheep.

Wool.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2013, 12:08:37 AMEverybody who knew things about Tom Jones?  To be fair it is not really significant information, it is not like his birthplace ever influenced his music much.
:o  <_<

I might get a scooter soon-ish. I was speaking to a Roman friend of mine, apparently the reason they're popular in Italy is that you can get to work without your shirt or jacket being creased :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on October 29, 2013, 09:22:03 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2013, 08:29:56 AM
A pretty bizzare event occured today. I was walking out of the train station carrying my umbrella, handle up. A man came running past me in a hurry to catch his train. My umbrella somehow clipped onto the strap of his bag and was pulled out of my hands, it stayed attached to the guy's  bag and he ran on, completely oblivious. He got quite some way before it finally fell off and I could get it back

It's a metaphor; you have problems holding onto outmoded, but useful ideas.
i've heard of metaphors in dreams but...reality? :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that Chinese police in Lhasa travel in groups of four: two armed, and two carrying fire extinguishers to put out the people trying to burn themselves.  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

How to say    My hovercraft is full of eels in dozens of languages.  :D

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/hovercraft.htm
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 05:16:21 AM
Heard on NPR that Chinese police in Lhasa travel in groups of four: two armed, and two carrying fire extinguishers to put out the people trying to burn themselves.  :ph34r:

How balanced do you consider NPR, Yi? Politically speaking, I mean.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Very.  I've only heard one reporter briefly pop a partisan boner on air in the last 10 years or so.  Coverage, guests, etc. all seem very balanced.