News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

My usual site for online news has changed design. It's horrible; apparently some webdesigner had the grand idea to only use bold font. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

A pretty bizzare event occured today. I was walking out of the train station carrying my umbrella, handle up. A man came running past me in a hurry to catch his train. My umbrella somehow clipped onto the strap of his bag and was pulled out of my hands, it stayed attached to the guy's  bag and he ran on, completely oblivious. He got quite some way before it finally fell off and I could get it back
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2013, 08:29:56 AM
A pretty bizzare event occured today. I was walking out of the train station carrying my umbrella, handle up. A man came running past me in a hurry to catch his train. My umbrella somehow clipped onto the strap of his bag and was pulled out of my hands, it stayed attached to the guy's  bag and he ran on, completely oblivious. He got quite some way before it finally fell off and I could get it back

It's a metaphor; you have problems holding onto outmoded, but useful ideas.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Admiral Yi

A.  They're not cheap.

B.  In the Midwestern winter they're useless.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 03:04:13 PM
A.  They're not cheap.

You'll also be mocked everywhere you go.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Disagree.  A lot of kids scoot around on them here in IC.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 03:09:18 PM
Disagree.  A lot of kids scoot around on them here in IC.

The kids do it differently here in Mobtown; they just knock you off of it at a red light, then they go joyriding.  Vespajacking by middle school kids has been all the rage last couple years.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 03:04:13 PM
A.  They're not cheap.

I can get one off Craig's List for less than $1000. I'd more than make that up in gas in the first year. And they're pretty-well useful around here around 10 months out of the year. We don't get as much snow as you do.

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 03:08:06 PM
You'll also be mocked everywhere you go.

I live in a college town. They're almost as plentiful as bicycles here.

Razgovory

I live a in a college town as well, that doesn't stop people from mocking me everywhere I go. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Tom Jones is Welsh?!?!?!?!

Who knew this?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn