News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2013, 11:21:53 AM
It actually chose Maryland for me.  I shit you not.

That seems awfully at odds with your globetrotting, world wandering ways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2013, 08:24:49 AM
It's not a very good test, really. I took the longer version, and it showed me as being conventional and non-creative. I know why given the questions asked, but I think the questions asked weren't very good.
Where's the longer test? :o (Love internet tests).

Apparently I belong in Colorado. Top 10 in openness and conscientiousness. Midtabley agreeable but not terribly extroverted or neurotic. I've actually always liked the sound of Colorado so that pleases me :)

QuoteCruz always sorta reminded me of a young LBJ.  But at least he doesn't have Forbes's creepy eyes.
I think he, rather unfortunately, has a look of young Joe McCarthy about him :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Russia leads in nuclear warheads?  That can't be right.  It must not be.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on October 23, 2013, 01:28:30 PM
Russia's almost always had more nukes than anyone else :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on October 23, 2013, 01:28:30 PM

For a guy who has such a big fetish for bombers, you don't really pay attention to what they might be delivering, do you?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

I thought they decommissioned a ton after their economy collapsed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on October 23, 2013, 01:37:20 PM
They did. They've gone from tens of thousands to about  3000.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on October 23, 2013, 01:37:20 PM

That's the very reason why they haven't decommissioned lots, because they couldn't afford to do it. 

Whereas the US is more advanced in it's meeting their commitments, through not having a complete economic melt down. 
I wouldn't be surprised to find the US is helping and/or part financing Russian efforts. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I hate UPS
I hate UPS
I hate UPS
I hate UPS
I hate UPS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 23, 2013, 12:32:06 PM
Zooming seems screwed up.  Original image here: http://thedoghousediaries.com/large/5414.png

Huh, looks like in this world Greece owns Istanbul.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017