Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

It's Nec-romantic!  :nerd:

Sorry about that,  :Embarrass:

Several years ago I was telling a friend about the German Mountain Adventure-Romance films of the 1920s.  He thought it was amusing that there was such a specific genre as "German Mountain Adventure-Romance."  I thought about that the first time I saw this section at Barnes and Ignoble.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2013, 08:32:05 AM
There are three types of people in this world: those who don't know what happened; those who wondered what happened ; and Swedes with mackerels who make things happen.

QuoteWoman batters sleepy Swede with mackerel

The incident has left the police feeling a bit codsmacked after the bizarre tale was reported. According to the police report the man was sound asleep in his apartment when the fishy assault took place, according to the local Södermanlands Nyheter newspaper

His peaceful nap was rudely interrupted when the woman smacked him across the face with a mackerel. Unsurprisingly, the man woke up but the battering wasn't enough to send him to sleep with the fishes so he filed a report to the police instead.

In addition to the mackerel attack he alleged that the woman had pinched food from his fridge and also stolen 2,000 ($310) kronor from him. It remains unclear how the woman entered his apartment to deliver his late night snack attack.

The two people, who are both in their 60s, are understood to be known to each other.

"They might live together sometimes," Mikael Larsson of the Nyköping police told the paper.

A preliminary investigation is already underway with the mackerel attack currently classified as assault.

Not enough puns.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2013, 09:02:19 AM
Several years ago I was telling a friend about the German Mountain Adventure-Romance films of the 1920s.  He thought it was amusing that there was such a specific genre as "German Mountain Adventure-Romance." 

Hell, Quentin Tarantino built an entire plot around it.

Josquius

Quote from: merithyn on October 21, 2013, 08:09:04 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2013, 12:44:15 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2013, 12:23:41 PM
Most popular names for baby girls in the U.S. by year. The 70s were the Decade of Jennifer. :unsure:

1960- Mary.
Wonder why it dissapeared so hugely. I've never met a young Mary.

:glare:
I've never met you :p
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 21, 2013, 02:37:17 AM
Any particular reason? I'd think they'd be pretty similar.

Fabulous outfits.

Savonarola

Quote from: Liep on October 21, 2013, 09:03:11 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2013, 08:32:05 AM
There are three types of people in this world: those who don't know what happened; those who wondered what happened ; and Swedes with mackerels who make things happen.

QuoteWoman batters sleepy Swede with mackerel

The incident has left the police feeling a bit codsmacked after the bizarre tale was reported. According to the police report the man was sound asleep in his apartment when the fishy assault took place, according to the local Södermanlands Nyheter newspaper

His peaceful nap was rudely interrupted when the woman smacked him across the face with a mackerel. Unsurprisingly, the man woke up but the battering wasn't enough to send him to sleep with the fishes so he filed a report to the police instead.

In addition to the mackerel attack he alleged that the woman had pinched food from his fridge and also stolen 2,000 ($310) kronor from him. It remains unclear how the woman entered his apartment to deliver his late night snack attack.

The two people, who are both in their 60s, are understood to be known to each other.

"They might live together sometimes," Mikael Larsson of the Nyköping police told the paper.

A preliminary investigation is already underway with the mackerel attack currently classified as assault.

Not enough puns.

Too many puns are not enough.  That's the first rule of journalism.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2013, 12:12:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2013, 11:33:17 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2013, 11:25:16 PM
Germans.  :rolleyes:

:lol:

At a local beer festival that was technically organized as an Oktoberfest this past Saturday, a German folk band was playing a melody that included:  the Panzerlied.  Of course I instinctively started singing it, getting some odd looks from my table and some winks & nods from the band.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stand up and sing it loudly.

I heard a Bundswehr band play it at Wright Patt. It was awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Hofbrauhaus is our last, best hope, Yi. Lots lof lederhosen at this fest, but a dearth of dirndl :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Another school shooting. Local media is obsessed. Film at eleven. And eight. And six. And four. With updates and press conferences every fifteen minutes.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 21, 2013, 03:07:53 PM
a German folk band was playing a melody that included:  the Panzerlied.  Of course I instinctively started singing it, getting some odd looks from my table and some winks & nods from the band.

Cute.  Now go down to the VFW and "instinctively" sing it, Mr. Heiney Kraut.

Admiral Yi

Bad idea.  All those Nam vets would freak out.

CountDeMoney

He should at least go down the WW2 Memorial and thank everybody for risking their lives and losing their buddies to defend his right to be a douchebag and sing Wehrmacht glee club fight songs in public.