News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

For Ide:

I bought 8 bags of candy for Halloween. 4 might make it to the 30th.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Ha. At my ripe old age I've learned not to buy candy til a couple days prior.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Buy it a couple days after, when it's on sale.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2013, 09:27:21 PM
Buy it a couple days after, when it's on sale.

When it's passed through a kid's digestive system? Candy isn't fancy coffee. :yucky:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

What's so special about Halloween anyway?  I give stranger kids candy all year round.  :)

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 12, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
What's so special about Halloween anyway?  I give stranger kids candy all year round.  :)

Stranger than a pirate, two Batman and a butterfly?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on October 12, 2013, 12:48:23 AM

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

At last, I found a pleasant lady willing to say "Ara ara" whenever I ask her to, do the cooking, housework, and mimikaki. She doesn't understand the sacred cause of the Confederacy or Stannis well as of yet; Comparisons between Stannis and Davis in terms of mlitary experience, amicability and legitimacy she didn't understand, but bravely endured.

As she doesn't yet know much on the subject, I hope to imprint upon her in the future.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 12, 2013, 09:21:37 AM
At last, I found a pleasant lady willing to say "Ara ara" whenever I ask her to, do the cooking, housework, and mimikaki. She doesn't understand the sacred cause of the Confederacy or Stannis well as of yet; Comparisons between Stannis and Davis in terms of mlitary experience, amicability and legitimacy she didn't understand, but bravely endured.

:lol:

As in neither gets along with anybody.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 12, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

As she doesn't yet know much on the subject, I hope to imprint upon her in the future.
But Stannis is a rightful king, whereas Davis was a wretched usurper.  What's the connection?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Stannis is also an usurper, since Robert was.

mongers

Something for Brazen and the other 'runners' on the forum or indeed some of the rest of us.   :)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 12, 2013, 02:38:32 PM
Something for Brazen and the other 'runners' on the forum or indeed some of the rest of us.   :)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

:)

Definitely some truths in there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

sbr

This just came up in GW2 Map Chat:  Are Jewish jokes racist?  Is anti-semitism racism?