News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I had a microwave that was still working 30 years after it was purchased.  I threw it out because it was incredibly filthy and full of broken glass.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 03, 2013, 07:28:22 AM
I had a microwave that was still working 30 years after it was purchased.  I threw it out because it was incredibly filthy and full of broken glass.

You didn't clean it for 30 years?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

I'm currently shopping for a fridge. I'm told second hand is the way to go, especially in Japan where everyone is super clean.
Yet nonetheless...they all seem to smell rather funny inside...
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2013, 02:34:24 AM
Question: What does a cavity feel like?

I've never had one but I might now. Does it hurt all the time? Is it localized? Only when you eat certain things?

Rub surgar on it, if it hurts, that's a cavity. Can you see it? It's a dark spot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2013, 10:19:21 AM
I'm currently shopping for a fridge. I'm told second hand is the way to go, especially in Japan where everyone is super clean.
Yet nonetheless...they all seem to smell rather funny inside...

They all do, even the brand new one. That's how an empty fridge smells.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 06:12:02 PM
Also, we sure spend a lot of money on "survivability."  Remember when the best fighter plane on Earth cost about as much as maybe ten regular cars?>

That would be, "never"?

Jacob

Neat little video showing a map of Europe day by day during WWII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVEy1tC7nk&feature=youtu.be

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on October 03, 2013, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 03, 2013, 07:28:22 AM

You didn't clean it for 30 years?  :hmm:

I'm sure I did at least once.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 03, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 06:12:02 PM
Also, we sure spend a lot of money on "survivability."  Remember when the best fighter plane on Earth cost about as much as maybe ten regular cars?>

That would be, "never"?

OK, fifty or sixty regular cars (P-51 unit cost $51,000 [not typo], 1940 Ford coupe [apparently "coupay," according to Gatsby and Bonnie and Clyde] about $1000).  You take my damned point.
Kinemalogue

Jacob

American journalist attaches himself to North Korean Hockey team as they play in IIHF hockey tournament in South Africa: http://deadspin.com/my-week-with-the-north-korean-hockey-team-512306903