And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2013, 11:41:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2013, 09:57:34 PM
It's true.  I only understand about half of what Meri says.

You'll understand more when you grow up a little, honey. Bless your heart. :)

LIES!!!!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 11:42:26 PM

LIES!!!!

How the hell would you know? We're still waiting on you to grow up, too!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2013, 11:43:11 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 11:42:26 PM

LIES!!!!

How the hell would you know? We're still waiting on you to grow up, too!

Keep on waiting!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

With the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high water mark--that place where the wave finally broke, and rolled back.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Here ya go, Ide.  More like your kind of woman.

QuoteEmergency crews were forced to abandon attempts to recover the bodies of five hikers killed by a Colorado landslide amid fears the rocks would again come loose, officials said early Tuesday.

Firefighters, police, and search-and-rescue teams had to come down from the steep terrain at Agnes Vaille Falls, where boulders the size of cars fell from a cliff on Monday, a spokeswoman from Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said.

The rescue attempt was prompted when another hiker witnessed the rockslide and called 911, NBC station 9News.com reported.

Five hikers were crushed and declared dead by the coroner, but a 13-year-old girl survived and was airlifted to Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora, Colo., with a broken leg.

"Rescuers were worried there was going to be another landslide – the rocks were still moving," the spokeswoman said early Tuesday. "They had to stop with their efforts on Monday and will be attempting a rescue mid-morning after the overnight thaw."

She said rescue crews planned to build supports above and below the unstable area in an attempt to secure the ground. Rescuers will also construct an escape route.

On Monday, Chaffee County Sheriff Pete Palmer said rescuers could see the bodies but had not been able to recover them.

"They are in bad shape. They were rolled over by boulders as big as these cars," he told the Denver Post. "[The county coroner has] seen the condition of the bodies. There is no one alive up there."

The newspaper identified the 13-year-old survivor as Gracie Johnson. Officials have not released any information about the five people killed.

"What the geologists said, there was a cliff face above. It looks like it came loose," Chaffee County Undersheriff John Spezze told 9News.com. "It's a lot of very large rocks and boulders and a lot of loose smaller rocks, but it all came down in a very large slide."

The landslide comes just weeks after record rainfall and flash floods in Colorado which killed eight people and caused millions of dollars of damage across the state.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

I just nearly wrote, "One the other hand..." in an article about triple amputees...

Ideologue

It's a regular amputeeageddon.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I always wanted to do a legless chick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2013, 08:13:15 AM
What you gonna do, try and karate kick me?
I am learning roundhouse kicks now, in fact. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 30, 2013, 07:32:07 PM
   Most Similar Cities    
1    Rochester NY    48.8
2    Grand Rapids MI    47.1
3    Flint MI    46.0
4    Provo UT    45.9
5    Detroit MI    45.7

No high numbers. I moved around too much. But since I spent all of my elementary school years in Brockport, Rochester is the exact city I'd expect if the test worked. Utah in the list is funny. Ohio not on the list is also funny.  :P

Utah was yellow on my map as well; while the rest of the west was blue.  Michigan and upstate New York have similar dialects (presumably due to the Canadian influence.)  So I though it might be because Joseph Smith founded his church in upstate New York. :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock